JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After my boy saved his lawn mowing and brass selling money. He finally had enough for his first rifle. He picked out the above mentioned rifle.
We grabbed some ammo and headed to the range. Needless to say he was getting very discouraged with his grouping. I shot it a few times also. That's when I realized how stiff that trigger is.
So after I did some research I opted for the DIY trigger Job. Figured worse case, I would have to buy a new spring.
All I did was cut off 1 1/2 coils on the trigger spring. I don't have a trigger scale. In this case I didn't need one to feel the difference.
Back to the range we went. Micha went from a 8 to 10 inch group at 100 yards to a 2 to 3 inch group.
I wouldn't advise doing this without at least researching first. But I can say it definitely improved the axis trigger. You don't want to remove more than one and a half.
I know this isn't new information, Just wanted to share my experience with a save axis trigger.

Well done.

Also going through the motions will smooth out the rubbing surfaces.

Just make sure it always passes the drop test.

I went with a Timney trigger on mine. I have to say that, even though it improved things, it still had enough creep that I was annoyed with it. Maybe I should try the stock trigger with a shorter spring.

The problem with the Axis is a very heavy trigger, combined with a very flexible grip area in the stock (due to the trigger guard cutout). You can see the gun actually being pulled off your aiming point as you mash that heavy trigger down. Ridiculous! :eek:

Before I messed with the trigger I wanted to see the best I could do. It took every bit of my focus to slowly squeeze it and try to stay on my two inch dot at 100 yards. Best I could manage was 5 inch group. That's with it being all sand baged. After the job I wasn't cutting holes but I went down to about a two inch group. But still have to watch the trigger. But for the price of these rifles they are pretty darn sweet. Be nice if they would offer it in a wood stock .
Something I forgot to mention to anyone doing the spring job. Make sure after words to hit it on the food or whatever to ensure you won't have any nasty suprises later. If you cut off to much spring. Bumping or slamming your rifle can let it fire. It's a great easy improvement. But like anything do some research. There are a reward good you tube videos out there. Just be safe and have fun.

It's nice when all you have to do is clip a spring! But that's not always the best method for reliability. Springs have a double coil on the end, to make them seat flat and hold in position.

I will ask you to please make sure the rifle is safe. C ock the bolt, engage the safety and pull the trigger. Now flip the safety off and pull the trigger. It should only fire now. To weak of a spring and it will go off when the safety is flipped off.

Second test, c ock the rifle engage the safety. From knee high drop the rifle on a well padded floor. I use a piece of 3/4" neoprene as a pad. Now not a full force drop just let the barrel slide thru your hands and impact the pad with just the weight of the rifle.
Now flip safety off and pull trigger. It should fire normal. If it fires when the safety is disengaged the spring is to lite.

Repeat this second test several times to insure reliability!

I realize there is also a sear spring in there. But with these cheap factory triggers you have to be careful.

Also I do not mean my posting to sound like I am know it all, or tell anyone how to do it. That's not my intent at all. I just want to make sure it's 100% safe.

If you are anywhere near my shop I can double check it for you free of charge!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top