JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Might be good for folks to post if they need an ammo tip and for other folks to PM them the location of instock 22. This way the scalpers can't rush out and buy up the supply before decent folks have a chance. If you request an ammo tip, let folks know once you've found your ammo so they can give the next tip to someone else. Also, careful that you don't pass tips to those who have been selling for inflated prices.

No scalping of 22lr going on.

If you believe that, I will buy 1 oz of gold from you @ $100, do not want to play 'scalper's' prices on gold. Also willing to buy your home if it is more than 20 years old for what you initially paid for it MINUS wear and tear damage.

"Scalper" is what democraps call capitalism. 22lr is only worth what people of willing to pay for.

but Oregonians like most left coast communists do not understand that.

ronin223, If you go to an evemt at the rose garden and they are sold out of tickets but the guy on the sidewalk has a handfull for double the price that is ok?

"Scalper" is what democraps call capitalism. 22lr is only worth what people of willing to pay for.

but Oregonians like most left coast communists do not understand that.

You are implying that the current market shortages and subsequent price inflation is a function of a free market. But you give no acknowledgment to the massively skewing forces of the profiteers who buy up all the ammo they can find simply to turn around and jack the price another 200% above retail. This is a short term problem caused by demand not supply. You can't tell me that CCI isn't churning out the same amount of .22lr that they were back in October--back when you could walk into any Bi-Mart and see multiple bricks of .22 on the shelves (not to mention, 9mm, .223, .38... etc.). The only difference is that some enterprising, self-serving jerks have realized that they can buy up every last bit of desirable (i.e. affordable, commonly used) ammunition then turn around and--with the help of the internet and forums like this--turn a profit.

My question is, how much money are these people really making by selling $20 bricks of ammo for $40 a pop? Are there really that many dumb or desperate people out there??? And how the heck do these price gougers look themselves in the mirror at night after selling a $40 brick of .22lr to a dad who just wants to go shoot with his kids? I know that they probably look in the mirror and see a big greedy grin staring back at them. And I know the refrain that they repeat to themselves as they try to drift off to sleep at night: "It's a free market... It's a free market." Well, I hope the mantra helps.

While I deplore the seedy, "me-first" tactics employed by the profiteering price gougers, the blame really stands with the buyers. Ultimately, they are the ones who are enabling and encouraging this ridiculousness to continue. Who in their right mind would pay $40 for a brick of Thunderbolt?!?!? But, if the classified posts here are to be believed, it's happening. It's just crazy and people need to calm down and realize that they are being ripped off. And if they're ok with that, well, then this panic might just last a long time.

ronin223, If you go to an evemt at the rose garden and they are sold out of tickets but the guy on the sidewalk has a handfull for double the price that is ok?

if you want it bad enough you pay otherwise you would have gotten up off the couch when they announced the tickets were up for sale.
since you wait till the last min. pay the price or stay home.

I understand how capitalism works, but I have a job and can not wait at Bimart or any other store at 8am to buy ALL the ammo they have in stock, there is a difference between capitalism and trying to screw over fellow members of the gun community

Stangboy. I started a buying group with some friends, What ever we get we split WE can cover more ground and our work schedules are different so we can be places at varing times. What we buy we keep. I do believe in free market though and do not have a problem with those profiting in the current situation. That being said If it bothers you keep track of those you feel are just profiterring. and in the future if you have somthing to sell and they are interested tell them the price is double,or just dont sell to them. That is also free Market,

ps try a buying group

What exactly is scalping to you STANG? I bought a lot of 22LR over the last two years at about $15/brick. If I was to ask $22 for it now would it be scalping? How about $26.50? Would $29 be a "fair" price? IMHO the ones complaining about the "scalpers" are those who were not motivated enough to get off the couch and look around a bit:s0002:.......wouldn't wanna miss that DVR'd episode of "The Bachelor" ya know, followed by another riveting episode of "Dancing w/ the stars"!!!;)

wow so much anger in hear, I am just wondering when the the crazed panic buying will stop, I drive everyday for work and I have stopped at three bimarts, dicks, wholesale sports, sportsmans fishermans marine and supply, discount guns, and bright water ventures many times, I am off the couch.

By the way ALL Discount gun shops will be getting NONE of my business or my friends,.. $3500 for a colt AR at the Beaverton location and $35 for a box of federa fmj screwing over your customers will not do you well when this calms down. Brightwater Ventures in Vancouver has kept all their PRE Freak out prices ! SHOP THERE

I agree with you on Brightwater, good people and a great business model. As for discount guns, the only discount is in the name of the store, I don't waist my time there.

Sorry you are having issues with tracking down some 22lr, I feel the same way about the air-weight I have been wanting to by my wife since December. You know 6 or 7 years ago if you were to tell me that someday soon it would be hard to track down a brick of 22's I would have thought you would have been off your rocker. If I see or hear of any in stock I will shoot you a pm, but sooner than later they should be readily available.

Spendolla

long answer,

Will simplify it for you, YOU STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND

Capitalism is ALL ABOUT SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

the ammo shortage has to do with HIGH demand and constant supply so seller's market. If I want to sell 22lr for $50 and someone wants to buy it for that much it is simple business NOTHING more. If you do not like it PLEASE sell all the 22LR you have for $16 per brick. You will feel good being raped and the buyer will really love you. Maybe even give you a good bye kiss.

BTW I made enough to buy a dillon 650 and a gun safe. Thanks

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR