JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This year I got into the CMMG 22lr conversion kits for AR15. And recently, got into 22lr uppers building. I can say that I'm having so much fun like I'm a kid again. And surprisingly, They all function very well with hardly any jamming. The best thing about this is that I don't have to buy another gun.

1) CMMG conversion kit was so easy, just drop-in BCG. Work with all the AR15 5.56/ 223. Fairly accurate and work flawlessly after 400 rds
2) Bear Creek Arsenal 22lr upper receiver work really well and accurate. I hesitated after watching videos of BCA 22 upper jamming problems. So, I take a chance and it working pretty good for me after about 500 rds. And uses the same magazine as the CMMG.

I really like them too and kind of the same. One of my son's and I have run drop in conversions for a few years and I just recently did a dedicated upper build using a flat faced upper and CMMG 16" barrel w/freefloating HG.

REALLY loved that, then took it a step further with some bling enhancement from borebuddy. The biggest being the adjustable bolt weight. Shoots like 'butta now and I can get groups darn near as tight as my 10/22. I'm still trying different ammo's to find what it likes the best and hope that'll dial it in even more.

Heck of a lot funner in the AR platform though while reinforcing AR skills. :s0155:

That's probably the biggest factor with any .22lr running well: ammo. As far as budget ammo goes, I've always found that CCI and Federal tend to run the best and most reliably. Always had issues with Remington and Winchester in my semi-autos (P22 and MP15-22).

After trying several brands of ammunition in my DPMS mod. ll bull barreled upper. I was surprised to find, one of the cheapest (ARMSCOR HVHP) and one of the most expensive, (CCI Stingers, Nickel Case) shot the best of those tried.

Armscor.jpg CCIStinger22rimfire.jpg

I really like them too and kind of the same. One of my son's and I have run drop in conversions for a few years and I just recently did a dedicated upper build using a flat faced upper and CMMG 16" barrel w/freefloating HG.

REALLY loved that, then took it a step further with some bling enhancement from borebuddy. The biggest being the adjustable bolt weight. Shoots like 'butta now and I can get groups darn near as tight as my 10/22. I'm still trying different ammo's to find what it likes the best and hope that'll dial it in even more.

Heck of a lot funner in the AR platform though while reinforcing AR skills. :s0155:
Agreed, AR22 definitely feel better and funner to shoot. Kind of beat out my 10/22. Rarely shoot 100s of rounds in 5.56/223 but I'm shooting 100s of rounds of 22lr quite often. Cheap, at Bi Mart on Tuesday had some bulk Winchester 22lr. 23.99/ 333 rds. Or when you can find them at a good price for plinking, practicing and training on an AR.

After trying several brands of ammunition in my DPMS mod. ll bull barreled upper. I was surprised to find, one of the cheapest (ARMSCOR HVHP) and one of the most expensive, (CCI Stingers, Nickel Case) shot the best of those tried.

View attachment 1264867 View attachment 1264869
Is that from a 556/223 barrel? What's the twist rate? Those are some awesome groups for an ar22!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top