JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those of you who carry a pocket .22 for backup, is there a particular ammo you use and recommend? I'm not meaning regular range ammo unless you feel that's sufficient.:)

I've had the best luck with CCI Mini-Mags and CCI Stingers for the use in the OP.
Thanks Andy, I'll look into those. I did some reading and found that some won't be powerful enough for the blow back design of the Bobcat. Want to make sure I got enough umph!:D

The nice thing about the "better" .22 ammo is it's still plenty cheap to try. Don't have the pistol you are talking about but Wife does often carry a compact .22 by Ruger. I have her using CCI Velocitor ammo in it. .40 gr ammo said to hit over 1400FPS. Of course have to make sure it works in the pistol but, the up side is it's still cheap enough to not hurt to try a couple hundred to make sure. I like this stuff as it is heavy for .22 ammo so hopefully would get some decent penetration out of the little round coming out of a short tube like this.

I agree with Andy!
I've had a couple of those over the years and stingers if you want reliability was my go-to...
They sure do work good but make sure you check out velocities from short barrels. Those Stingers are LOUD and may well not go as fast as a heavier bullet.. that likely won't expand either but is way quieter.

I'm in the CCI-Mini Mag and Velocitorgroup. Very reliable. Not my first choice for a carry gun, but a .22 in your pocket is better than the .45 at home.
I'm going to try and get some of the Stingers and Velocitor's to try. The Bobcat isn't going to be a primary carry gun. It's just going to be in my pocket in case something were to happen to my primary!:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top