JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
223 Remington
City
salem
State
Oregon
Looking for 223 ammo suitable for deer hunting, with the understanding that 223 is light for deer. close proximity to salem would be preferred. thanks.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Best bet is find a trustworthy reloader. Are you looking for semi auto ammo or bolt gun ammo? You can load a heavier bullet for bolt guns is why I ask. I could probably load a few to play with if you cant find someone closer. Other wise check local shops and the internet. Also flatline ammunition makes some serious custom stuff but it will cost you.

Semi auto mini 14, would like say 65-75 grn. federal fusion, nosler partition. have found all i need on line, not willing to pay $40 plus for a box plus shipping. Have many other deer rifles, just nice easy handling, set up as a scout rifle. max distance no more then 150 yards. mini 14s are not known for great accuracy.

Yes 22 center fire for deer and 24 caliber for elk. Are these my go to calibers for either, hell no. Just want a deer back up. My go to are 270, 7mm and 45/70.

I wouldn't think you would need a 223 for a back up on a deer. One good shot with a .270 should take a deer down pretty good. I've never been charged by a muley or white tail, and I've never had my bolt action 30.06 "jam up" where I needed to grab my 223 "back up" to finish off a charging wounded deer.

If you want them, let me know.
20230201_124555.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.