JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking to pick up the Savage Mark II FV-SR but it's only available in a RH configuration.
Any ideas on modifications to these rifles for LH shooters or alternatives that can deliver the same accuracy in a similar price range? (over the years, I've got quite good at holding the rifle to my shoulder with my left-hand and using my right hand to work the bolt and stay on target. But... I would still prefer a LH platform).

I found an older Lakefield target in LH for cheeep a coulple of years ago....Savage bought Lakefield, the MkIIs and 93 actions are based on them and quite a few parts interchange.

I really can't think of many LH options in a "target" style for .22....maybe newer Ruger American? FWIW, that is the one and only LH gun I've ever purchased, I've always stuck with RH guns and made do...

I'm left handed and have a savage FV-SR put a boyds tacacool stock on it and a Vortex scope, savage also makes a couple of left hand .22 lr's.

I'm left handed and have a savage FV-SR put a boyds tacacool stock on it and a Vortex scope, savage also makes a couple of left hand .22 lr's.

And this gun is in LH configuration?
That sounds like a nice set-up! I plan to put a vortex on top of mine. What scope did you go with?

I have been left handed for 60 years now and left handed rifles still feel weird to me. I have a few but the only one that made a real difference was left hand AR cause brass doesn't hit me.

I had a left handed .22 bolt action and sold it, now have two 10/22's a right hand savage bolt action and a ruger american .22 mag bolt action.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top