JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mark your calendars boys and girls, COSSA will be hosting Oregon's Steel Challenge Championship again this year in Bend. Details and costs to be released at a later date.

IMG_6938.jpg

I would expect so, for a level 2 match. I'm pretty excited that it's in June, this year, I like shooting in warm weather. The 2020 one was a milestone for me, first level 2, first major match shooting revo, however unplanned and last minute that ended up being. Very much looking forward to this, and giving it a hot priority in my training schedule, this year. I'd also like to do the big ICORE match in Arizona, in fall.

Match is up on Practiscore but details are as follows:

Registration on Practiscore

Registration opens on: February 01, 2021 @ 8:00 AM · Registration closes on: June 12, 2021 @ 9:00 PM
Times are local to America/Los_Angeles timezone.

Match starts: June 25, 2021 @ 8:00 AM · Match ends: June 26, 2021 @ 6:00 PM

The 2021 Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship will consist of all 8 Steel challenge classifier stages.

:::MATCH DETAILS:::
June 25, 2020
Level 2 match consisting of all 8 steel challenge classifier stages
Approximately 195 rounds
One-day with 2 squad options for am and pm

Match fees:
$70 first gun
$45 each additional gun
$35 for Junior shooters (single gun)

IF YOU PLAN TO SHOOT MORE THAN ONE GUN/DIVISION IN THE EVENT YOU MUST CREATE A SEPARATE ENTRY FOR EACH GUN/DIVISION.

Once all of your entries are registered the match fee will be set for payment.
You may squad after full payment

You may shoot a maximum of two guns per session.

Match T shirts will be available for $25

:::MATCH SCHEDULE:::
Friday, June 25th
- 7:00am RO Meeting
- :8:00am Setup
- 12:00pm Staff only Match Starts (with Staff)

Saturday, June 26th
-7:30am Registration and match brief
- 8:00am Main Match Starts / AM Session Begins
- 12:05pm Lunch Break
- 1:00pm Match Resumes / PM Session Begins

Saturday, June 26th
- 7:00pm Awards

:::STAFF INCENTIVES:::
We are actively recruiting match staff! Any certified RO that is approved to help will receive:
- Match Fee Reimbursement
- $100 Cash Stipend
- Match shirt

Directions to the range can be found here: https://www.cossapark.com/location-contact

As a newer speed steel shooter, do I need to qualify, Or how do i sign up with uspsa to be able to compete?

You do need a USPSA member number to register for the match, you can start a membership at uspsa.org. You do not need to qualify first, if you have not classified with your USPSA number in your selected division just select "U" when registering. The U stands for unclassified. Each stage counts as a classifier so you will get a classification letter after completing the match.
Hope that helps!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top