JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1500
City
Newberg
State
Oregon
Zip Code
About 4 years ago I gave my daughter and SIL my Bimmer. It had something like 110-120K miles on it, I had just bought my X1, their Kia had died and they needed a car.

This has been a pretty reliable car for them, it certainly was for me, but it is getting worn out - it now has 150K+ miles on it and the clutch is starting to slip. My daughter says there is also a vibration in the driveline or something like that, so we took it to a local German car shop that we have our work done at (her Audi, this coupe and my X1). They said $2-2.5K for the clutch (seems over priced to me, but I am too lazy to do it myself) and who knows how much for the vibration. The shop says it is not any of the wheels/tires, nor is it the flex coupling (giubo) - but my bet is that it is the flex coupling as that is a common issue with this kind of mileage and age of the car.

Either way, I am disinclined to fix that too as then it leaves the clutch, which is non-trivial to fix compared to the flex coupling. It could be something else - once it became apparent that the cost was to be more than the car is worth we decided to not fix it, but rather sell it instead - either to someone who feels they can do the repairs themselves and get a nice car out of it, or for parts as the rest of the car, including the engine, is sound.

I am going to post pics this weekend, but there is some damage to the body; the passenger side rocker panel is dented and scrapped up; I put it in the ditch some years ago and never repaired the rocker panel as it wasn't that noticeable. The mirror on that side was damaged too, but my SIL replaced it - it looks fine, but the electrical remote for adjusting it doesn't work (not sure about the heater).

2004 BMW 325ci two door coupe
5 speed
2.5 liter six (single VANOS) naturally aspirated
Dark blue
Base model - no options package
Air conditioning, power steering, power brakes - the usual stuff
CD/AM/FM
MPG meter (average and instant) and trip odometer, etc.
Cruise control
Halogen lights (not HID)
LED rear taillights (factory) - very bright
traction control
Fold down rear seats to the trunk.
Clean title in hand.

Key fob remote (just tried it - works at about 75 yards from the house to the shop) for locking/unlocking
Wired for bluetooth, alarm, etc., but the modules are not there (base model with no options) - I did have the dealer setup the "clown's nose" (alarm indicator under the rear view mirror) to blink when locked, so it looks like the alarm is turned on - but there is no alarm module plugged in. You can plugin the modules and program the computer to work with them - I never did.

Upholstery is fake leatherette in good condition.

Does NOT have a sun/moon roof. Which I like as it gives me more headroom.
I bought this with 6K miles on it in 2005 - it was a lease turn in car.
It has a few scrapes - one on the rear bumper when I bought it and as I mentioned the rocker panel, but otherwise in very good shape.

Let's see - new tires 2 years ago (has a spare - unlike my X1). Fuel pump about a year ago. New brakes at 90K miles and 140K miles. Handles well, I like Bimmers they handle well and have just the right compromise between handling and comfort. I've had it up to 130MPH a few times when I first had it, and the difference between it and a Lexus is night and day (the latter floats like a boat over 100 MPH - the Bimmer is planted).

It is drivable (my SIL drove it up here to my home today and left it here), so you don't have to tow it home, but I don't recommend using it as is for a daily driver or you will just make the clutch worse.

As I said, pics this weekend when I have time to be outside when it isn't dark - maybe tomorrow if I get home before dark.

For now, only posted here - in a week or two I will put in on Craigslist/FB/etc.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
And the promised photos. Sorry for the dirty car - I am too lazy to wash it. I drove it up my road and I think the "shuddering" my daughter complained about is the clutch. I don't think it is anything else in the drivetrain.

20200118_114358.jpg

Note that all the indicators work:

20200118_114605.jpg 20200118_114114.jpg 20200118_114213.jpg 20200118_114816.jpg 20200118_114453.jpg 20200118_114507.jpg

More pics

20200118_114250.jpg 20200118_114651.jpg 20200118_114705.jpg 20200118_114719#1.jpg 20200118_114724.jpg

These are the connections for options, garage door opener, alarm, phone, CD player
20200118_115100.jpg 20200118_115147.jpg

2.5 liter naturally aspirated 6 cylinder. very dependable - still runs fine

20200118_114816.jpg

They leave this empty for LHD US vehicles, for RHD vehicles the stuff that is on the other side goes her - Bimmer owners like to call this the 'severed head compartment')
20200118_114833.jpg 20200118_115206.jpg

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top