JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Caliber
20 Gauge
I want try reloading shotgun shells. I shoot sub gauge for medical reasons (ICD) and of course for the challenge! Lots of 12 gauge stuff out there ... but don't really want to spend half a press price to convert it to 20 or 28....

Looking to start simple, MEC 600 seems to be the baseline 'starter' press. But, that's not all I would consider. Either 20 or 28 Gauge would be fine to get going.

Only real criteria is that parts still be available for the press, and of course that it be functional and complete or NEARLY complete, if parts are available. Any extras (hulls, primers, shot, wads etc) a plus.

Have something gathering dust? Let me put it to work! I'm SW of Portland...

Thanks
Kevin

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last edited by a moderator:
I want try reloading shotgun shells. I shoot sub gauge for medical reasons (ICD) and of course for the challenge! Lots of 12 gauge stuff out there ... but don't really want to spend half a press price to convert it to 20 or 28....

Looking to start simple, MEC 600 seems to be the baseline 'starter' press. But, that's not all I would consider. Either 20 or 28 Gauge would be fine to get going.

Only real criteria is that parts still be available for the press, and of course that it be functional and complete or NEARLY complete, if parts are available. Any extras (hulls, primers, shot, wads etc) a plus.

Have something gathering dust? Let me put it to work! I'm SW of Portland...

Thanks
Kevin
I have a 12 and 20 set up a customer gave me to bring a price down on a shiny new toy he needed. I will snap some pics and send you an IM.

Jeremy

Hi, and thanks for the reply to my ad. In looking at what you can buy 20 gauge shells for, at my current shooting volume, doesn't make sense. Probably going to reload 28 gauge, which cost more than double 20 gauge per shell. You don't happen to have one of those, do you,??!!

Thanks, let me know..

Kevin

Aw Geez! I finally went ahead and bought a new MEC 600 Jr MarkV .... just received it! Where were ya earlier??? BUT, might as well find out .. what are you asking for it ... Thanks -Kevin

Hi. Well, I'm pretty well set, and I see the 650 does not deprime / resize ... so I guess I'll stick with the new 600 Jr.

Thanks for getting back, great price on it! -Kevin

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.