JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Up for your consideration today, I have a 1968 Indian Ishapore Lee Enfield No.1 MK.3 rifle in .303 British. It is a sporter model, so the stock only extends halfway down the barrel, and there is no upper handguard, as on the military model. The rifle is equipped with a Lyman style front sight, and has the original open rear sight, with the notch replaced with an aperture sight. I still have the original as well, which unlike the military model is windage adjustable.

The action is smooth, although sometimes the firing pin spring can be somewhat stiff at first. The trigger is fairly light, with a crisp, clean break. The magazine has a capacity of 10, but there is a small dent in the side that makes it a little hard to get them all in there. I never really minded, but it could probably be fixed with a bit of elbow grease, and barring that, there are modern manufacture magazines available at little cost from Midwayusa. It has a two-piece stock, with the wood of the butt being in very nice condition, and the wood of the foregrip being a little more weathered, and somewhat grease-stained near the bolt.

In all, it's a nice shooter, but for what I use it for (Plinking), the ammunition is just too expensive, now that all the surplus has dried up. Granted, .303 isn't any more expensive than any other full power rifle cartridge, but on a college kid's budget that's still a lot of money :s0114:

I'd like to get somewhere around 180-200 for it, but if you're interested just shoot me whatever you think is fair, and I'll consider it. I'll also accept trades for most anything in a cheaper and more readily available caliber. I can take some pictures, but it might take around a week, as I'm leaving for vacation in a day or two.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.