JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello I have this gun that I inherited from my father when he passed away and I'm considering trading/selling it but not positive of the value. I contacted Ruger and it was made in sept 1958. I would say its in 90% plus condition and I do have the oringinal frame somewhere. What do you think its worth with and without the oringinal frame?

2010-10-14 18.57.31_Vancouver_Washington_US.jpg

I would hazard a guess between $400 and $600. It would depend on how much someone liked the modifications that have been done. If I were looking at it as a collector, I wouldn't offer much. If I liked the mods and wanted a shooter, I would be likely to offer more. Likewise if I was looking at a base gun for a custom project (that thing screams to be sent to Andy Horvath or Hamilton Bowen).

The changed frame and jeweled hammer have eliminated most if not all of the mainstream collector value. But it looks like someone did a nice job with it and if it shoots as good as it looks, then that's pretty cool.

If I've missed my guess and that is a factory special edition, then I retract my previous statements and move to "I have no clue". I would guess that the case is from a Ruger Colorado Centennial Single Six based on the space for a second cylinder, but I'm not sure...

:s0155:

I have the oringinal frame, the jeweled hammer is not oringinal though. And your are absolutely correct about the case, it was from a .22 that my father sold along time ago but he kept the case! Good eye! And since its been in the family (40+ years) i'm the only one that has shot it and only 12 rounds at that. Its a tack driver! and I have the factory grips too.

Can't comment on your relationship with your father, but I don't think I could part with one of my father's guns. It would be hard to get that back if you regretted it later. On guns I'm not sure I really want to part with, I generally sell them to a friend with the understanding that if they ever decide to sell, it gives me right of first refusal. That gives me the ability to put the money towards something else while still having an opportunity should I regret the decision later. Besides, most of the time I retain visitation rights.

I totally understand what your saying, I have so many guns from him (5 other .44 rugers) plus rifiles/shotguns and my father always took the attitude that they are just "things" to play with and enjoy (thus the jeweled hammer and brass frame) so after thinking about it for a couple years I have decided I would like to get my 6 year old son a quad from the grandfather he never met. I KNOW my father would be tickled pink about it. But belive me its not an easy decision and I do still have the gun lol. Thanks SO much for your insight though!

hopefully it has never seen sent in for the transfer bar install ? that ruins value to any ruger lover.and orignal parts are an arm and a leg these days.
my guess is about 600.00 since it's been shot so little,is a nearly 'flat top',and u have the original grips and frame.
that display box could be a prize unto its' self to a Ruger collector.
I heartily suggest you run it past the folks at this webite,the knoledge there is unreal

RugerForum.com • Index page

I have 3 guns that were my father's that I would take a couple mill for.
I'd have to call my kid first though.He is broke and I believe he would hold out for 3mill.
If they were not my dad's they would be worth maybe $1k?

Think real hard if it's worth selling.The gun may bring $600,but I would guess $450 tops.
For a lost piece of your family history.

:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads