JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1B790A49-40E8-48F2-801F-526DCE267ABC.gif

Okay, I have a lot of different ones, for two models, Officer's and Government. As a result I have, Brownell's, CMC, Rock Island, Ruger, Wilson, and maybe others,

I have never had a hiccup with any. I love the slick finish on the Brownell's.
Wilson, you pay for and get quality.
Ruger seems nicer than Rock Island's, but that is just cosmetics, I trust both.
CMC made their name with 1911 magazines, love their follower. I have three different models at least. The Power Ballers mentioned earlier and two 'Shooting Star's' eight rounders for my Officer's Model RIA. I combined them with XGrip's extension sleeve. The sleeve required a 'GI' style base plate to slip over, and it is a great combo. Makes for my favorite OM Grip. Oh and I bought CMC's extended OM magazine too, it is very good, but I like the Shooting Star and XGrip combo better. Finally my ten round 'Railed' extended Government model, it has extra metal rolled over into rails for the feed lips. Appears very robust, I have not shot with it yet but I did chamber several rounds and believe it will function fine.

Govt issue. They've been around for a century now if ya know what I mean. Some 1911's though just can't go to the ball without the Cinderella treatment.

Guess I should have mentioned when I basically reopened this thread, that, I'm green to 1911's, so lead me if you don't mind. I need educated.

Thanks

Guess I should have mentioned when I basically reopened this thread, that, I'm green to 1911's, so lead me if you don't mind. I need educated.

Thanks
I see from the other thread you have a new Springfield Loaded government model. Good choice. I think if you were headed to a course with a lot of magazine changes, you would like Brownell's as they have a silky coating on them, they are often out. Then CMC would be my choice they work well, many choices, none bad.

When the 8 round hit the market by Devel I started buying them. Before that all of mine were mil surplus, so who knows who made them. Later when patent expired on the 8 round design I took to buying Chip Mc. Have a pile of them now and never managed to wear one out. Like that they can be taken apart if needed. Both 8 and 10 round have never let me down.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews