JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a mix master 1903 rifle that came with this stock. When purchasing it didn't look to be USGI and the seller didn't think it was USGI either. After doing a bit more research it seems to be made for a 1903a4 which makes me think its definitely not original. Its been sanded and refinished it seems. I don't see any cartouches anywhere on it. The bolts on the side do look older as they are rusty and the inside of the stock actually kind of looks older and there is a marking on the inside that looks to be a 2 or an s and maybe a circle with something inside of it. Any help is appreciated. I read that keystone made replacements and they only have a K on the cutoff but I dont see that either

20201218_222144.jpg 20201218_222157.jpg 20201218_222205.jpg 20201218_222123.jpg

My 1903 Mark 1 came from the CMP with a C stock. As I remember it was a little more money for the C stocked
rifles. The stock is matching serial numbered to the receiver. I thought it was a 1903 variant.
DSC00085.JPG

Last Edited:
Appears to be a c stock that has been refinished. There are also afew good aftermarket c stocks so possibly one of those. That stock would be correct for a 03a4, replacement stock or on a Marine Corp m1941. Unfortunately they appear to have sanded off any markings that may have been there. Look closely at the tip or the stock for a letter stamp. And also on the bottom of the wrist heel.

Thank you for the information, everyone. Its been fun trying to learn more about it and try to figure out if its the real Mccoy or a reproduction of some sort.

Appears to be a c stock that has been refinished. There are also afew good aftermarket c stocks so possibly one of those. That stock would be correct for a 03a4, replacement stock or on a Marine Corp m1941. Unfortunately they appear to have sanded off any markings that may have been there. Look closely at the tip or the stock for a letter stamp. And also on the bottom of the wrist heel.

I cannot find any markings of that sort on it. I wish it hadnt been sanded down and refinished. Such is life.

I have owned a few replacement 03a4 Keystone stocks. The only mark from Keystone would be an upside down 'K' in the cutoff notch, and those were often very faint.
As Mountainbear stated, the bolt handle recess appears to be a correct plunge cut.

30 years ago, those were sold cheap as surplus, as 03a4s were not being replicated.

I have owned a few replacement 03a4 Keystone stocks. The only mark from Keystone would be an upside down 'K' in the cutoff notch, and those were often very faint.
As Mountainbear stated, the bolt handle recess appears to be a correct plunge cut.

30 years ago, those were sold cheap as surplus, as 03a4s were not being replicated.

Its crazy to hear how different things are now. I just started collecting US mil surp a couple of years ago and the stories are great to hear. It sounds like I have a decent chance that this is an original replacement or a well done reproduction.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews