JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was taught 20G and 12G shooting same shot , same size shell were balistically equivalent. BUT the 12g carries more projectiles or more weight in slug. Can anybody share ballistic data between the 2? Mostly interested in hearing the bird shot ballistics, i can not find any information about it online, and none of my reloading manuals show me anything.

I'm not sure what you're exactly looking for, but I think you hit the nail on the head. I checked out <broken link removed> and they list velocities for a wide variety of loads. It appears that they have similar ballistics (same shot size, different load weights) in 2 3/4 and 12ga really gains the advantage when using 3" shells or heavy loads.

Perfect thank you! that website should be enough for me to figure it out. I am just trying to compare the 2.
Recent argument regarding shooting distance we're trying to settle lol. I say a 20G will shoot just as far as a 12G using the same shell and shot, you just need to be a better shot with a 20 ;-)..

But i could be wrong...

I shoot 20 and 12 regularly and i have a hard time picking a favorite.

Well the 20 gauge is sure more fun to shoot and will handle most shotgun chores. But for stuff high up like the Quackers you need that extra ooooomph. 12 has the bigger pattern, good for us shooters that can't seem to hit crapola, and with the larger shells a big advantage.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top