JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm confused. I'm an engineer so that probably explains a lot

But I have a Tac14 and was trying to get 5 + 1. Easy enough to do with my snap caps, since they are a touch over 2 1/4". And my Hornady Critical Defense 00 are same size (supposed to be 2 3/4").

But I wanted to use #1 buckshot. I ordered what I thought was Winchester #1 buckshot, in 2 3/4 and they sent me 3" instead. With those, I can only get 3 + 1. If I use one 2 3/4, I can get 4 + 1.

But my real question is the stated sizes. Why is there so much variance? Why is 2 3/4 anywhere between 2" and 2 3/4. And why are my 3" Winchester XB1231 actually shorter than 2 3/4"?

Being an engr. I'd expect a case length of 2 3/4 "to be 2 3/4". What am I missing?

Case length is the fired, completely opened shell length.
Some shells use different crimping methods... so their un-fired shell length's can vary...
dddddd.gif

Yes I bought some 00 buckshot shells made in Italy and because of different crimp I could only load 5 +1 instead 6 + 1 which I can do with Federal 00 buckshot. I don't mind since I was using them for practice only. For HD I use Federal LE132 #1 15 pellet buckshot.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top