JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Curious what has happened to the other lawsuits that have been filed? I read the other day the Judge in this case gave "interested parties"- supposedly plaintiffs in the new law suits, until today at noon to file friends of the court briefs so she can review them before making a decision? Does this mean she is creating a single suit out of the 4 or 5 suits that have been filed? In other words, she can dismiss all of the suits filed at one time and be done with the opposition without recourse?

This isn't the first time the initiative petition process has been used in this manner. File a petition for a bill with sufficient inaccuracies, unexplained requirements, no funding source, etc... and then hope the courts will work it all out. Technically, this type of bill doesn't meet the requirements of the legislative process or the State constitution since it covers more than one subject, doesn't dedicate or identify funding, and hadn't been corroborated with the people who would be required to implement the program... so what's new since the democrats have gotten the super majority and the head of household at the Capitol these days?

This may not be over for a very long time , which may actually be the aim of this creatively conceived step child of the left.... this judge is playing her cards very close to the chest but I'm betting she won't be the last word in this mess...

Curious what has happened to the other lawsuits that have been filed? I read the other day the Judge in this case gave "interested parties"- supposedly plaintiffs in the new law suits, until today at noon to file friends of the court briefs so she can review them before making a decision? Does this mean she is creating a single suit out of the 4 or 5 suits that have been filed? In other words, she can dismiss all of the suits filed at one time and be done with the opposition without recourse?

This may not be over for a very long time , which may actually be the aim of this creatively conceived step child of the left.... this judge is playing her cards very close to the chest but I'm betting she won't be the last word in this mess...
There are still four active suits - two were filed over the weekend, after Judge Immergut's Friday hearing. AG has until Tuesday night at 9 pm to reply to the Eyre and Azzopardi complaints.

And you are quite correct - Immergut is by no means the last act in this circus. Whichever party does not get its way on the preliminary injunction will certainly appeal to the 9th Circuit - while the complaints at the District Court proceed toward trial(s) on the permanent injunction.

There are still four active suits - two were filed over the weekend, after Judge Immergut's Friday hearing. AG has until Tuesday night at 9 pm to reply to the Eyre and Azzopardi complaints.

And you are quite correct - Immergut is by no means the last act in this circus. Whichever party does not get its way on the preliminary injunction will certainly appeal to the 9th Circuit - while the complaints at the District Court proceed toward trial(s) on the permanent injunction.
I just don't have it in me to read through 1,000+ post to answer a question. Did Washington State have as many suits filled against their 16-39 was it? their mag ban and semi auto AR training bill?

This is all I know so far.
Found this test on the OSP Fb page

Update on status of FICS transactions in the Pended/Delayed Queue - Oregon

BM114 becomes law on December 8, 2022. Since November 8, 2022, the FICS unit has experienced unprecedented volumes of firearms transactions never seen before in the program's 26-year history. OSP continues to work diligently to process and resolve as many of the pended/delayed FICS transactions as possible.

FICS transactions that are not completed with an approval number by midnight on December 7, 2022, will require the purchaser to initiate their permit application to obtain a Permit-to-Purchase before their FICS transaction can resume. This means your FICS transaction will not be canceled on December 8th. Once the purchaser has an approved permit, the FICS transaction will resume.

It is important to note that many times pended/delayed FICS transactions are due to missing, incomplete, or incorrect information. When there is missing or incomplete information on a person's Computerized Criminal History (CCH), OSP must contact the agency that is the owner of that information to obtain official records so that OSP can determine whether the person is approved for the firearm purchase. The agencies contacted most for missing or incomplete information are the Courts or District Attorneys' offices throughout the United States. There are no required timelines for the agencies to respond to our requests for missing or incomplete information. By statute, the information within the FICS transaction database can only be held for five years.

Oregon State Police has worked with Permit Agents regarding the application form for the Permit-to-Purchase. The draft application is in the final review with permitting agencies and will be posted to the Oregon State Police's website and available to those wishing to apply for a Permit-to-Purchase on December 8, 2022.

With BM114 becoming law on December 8, 2022, this gives Oregon State Police a very short window to develop a program and have technology available for use on day 1 of the new law. Because of this, the Permit-to-Purchase program at Oregon State Police will be a manual paper process until new technical systems can be designed and implemented.

View attachment 1323034
This measure will not take affect per a county judge until the courts can further look at it. OSP has said this morning that they will continue to process BG's as normal.

My understanding from what I read yesterday is the Oregon Supreme Court refused to lift the TRO on the bill.... not sure what happens next...
Hearing in Harney County on the 13th (when the TRO ends) to argue whether a preliminary injunction should keep this measure from taking effect during the pendency of the suit.

"Oregon State Police has worked with Permit Agents regarding the application form for the Permit-to-Purchase."

Since there is no process in place to get a permit, I'm wondering who the 'Permit Agents' are...

Who are they?

Are they biased against the 2nd Amendment?

How did they get a 'Permit Agent' job before there were any permits to be issued?

EDIT:

Thank you, @PiratePast40, for this answer:

I was also wondering who these "permit agents" are. This is from the measure:

(5) "Permit Agent" means a county sheriff or police chief with jurisdiction over the residence of the person making an application for a permit-to-purchase, or their designees.
For the time being looks like they have some days off lol

no where on the order does it say that. it says pending the hearing on the 13th. so if on 13th judge rules 114 can go into effect the TRO ends. that's all it is stopping it until the judge can hear both sides.
Earlier this week there had been reporting of the TRO running 10 days until the 18th, but perhaps that was incorrect. There was a lot happening that day when it was first announced.

-E-

Earlier this week there had been reporting of the TRO running 10 days until the 18th, but perhaps that was incorrect. There was a lot happening that day when it was first announced.

-E-
theres a lot of people who think it ends on 18th but that date nor 10 days is mentioned in the order what it does say is pending the hearing on 13th. so it ends on 13th unless judge extends it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top