JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
wilsonville
State
Oregon
Hello friends, I'm hoping to take my son out shooting my black powder navy revolver. Over the years I have stored up on plenty of ammo but we are new to black powder and finding it tough to get caps. We only need one tin to get started any options?

Thank you,
Mike

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Hello Mike,

I have recently found myself in the same boat. Can't find percussion caps for my Pietta anywhere locally or online. So, I did some looking and found an outfit that makes a tool so I could create my own. Should you be interested check out Sharpshooter 22LR Reloader (link below). I just received my order a few days ago and haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. I ordered the tools for #10 & #11 caps plus their Prime-All Repriming Compound. There's a bit of info on YouTube videos and below is the one I found the most interesting. There's definitely others. I hope you find this helpful.

I hope posting these links is not against rules.

Best

I have lots of ball, multiple calibers, primers and powder. I was the armorer at my club and hoarded supplies for myself when I was heavy into shooting black powder. Let me know your particular needs and more than likely I have what you need.
powder by Goex
primers by CCI
I have had health issues but plan on selling all my black powder weapons and supplies soon.
I don't know current values, when I bought the last black powder it was 9.00 a pound

I have lots of ball, multiple calibers, primers and powder. I was the armorer at my club and hoarded supplies for myself when I was heavy into shooting black powder. Let me know your particular needs and more than likely I have what you need.
powder by Goex
primers by CCI
I have had health issues but plan on selling all my black powder weapons and supplies soon.
I don't know current values, when I bought the last black powder it was 9.00 a pound
Well, I wish we were closer geographically. Unfortunately... :(

powder by Goex
primers by CCI
I would like to take you up on purchasing some of your supplies. My needs right now are #10 and #11 caps, and also FFFG black powder or substitute equivalent. I'm about an hour and a half drive away.

I would like to take you up on purchasing some of your supplies. My needs right now are #10 and #11 caps, and also FFFG black powder or substitute equivalent. I'm about an hour and a half drive away.
I will take a look and see what's in my safe this weekend and let you know what I have

It's out there...occasionally...if you go to a real online business and avoid the scam sites like the plague.
Scored some CCI #11s and just got delivered today from Powder Valley.
Might check them.
But they don't come cheap any more. $120 per K after s/h and hazmat fees. And it took 10 days to get here, mostly UPS delays due to weather.
Still, a much better deal than those gunshow scalpers.

20230303_173524.jpg

It's out there...occasionally...if you go to a real online business and avoid the scam sites like the plague.
Scored some CCI #11s and just got delivered today from Powder Valley.
Might check them.
But they don't come cheap any more. $120 per K after s/h and hazmat fees. And it took 10 days to get here, mostly UPS delays due to weather.
Still, a much better deal than those gunshow scalpers.

View attachment 1376457
I hope to score some before summer. Down to my last 100 (paid $25 on Amazon and it was their last tin).

Hi Mike, I'm in need of some #11 primers, 50cal balls and maybe the presoaked wads for a 50cal flintlock I have. Any way that we could hook up some how? I'm in the Boise Idaho area. Mark

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.