JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm stuck between to uppers so any one with any inside help me my main goal is to have an sbr with a quad that covers the whole barrel so only the flash suppressor is peaking out. So my question is what's better and if any one has one of these uppers wat r ur thoughts. Like I said main goal is to have barrel cover with handguard/quad rail don't need it for long shots max would be 75yards ish*
Thanks for all help

Stag arms 11.5 inch
<broken link removed>

Rock rivers 10.5 a4
Rock River Arms: 5.56/.223 Pistol Upper Halves

I know that it isn't either option you've listed, but I'd suggest at least looking at the LMT 10.5" upper. Below is a link to one that's reasonably priced. Some internet hunting may prove to find better prices. I have an AR pistol we built with that upper on it. Having owned both Stag, and Rock River AR's, and like both their products, I still think the LMT is way better quality. They were designed for hard use and combat. I ended up with mine because a local gun shop ordered a few too many for a swat team, and they made me a screaming deal. Had it almost 2 years now.

I'm jealous that you guys can have SBR's down there.

<broken link removed>

Ya cheaper I never heard of them so any one with knowledge please chime in...... Also any one know if on that lmt if front sight is removable? I know my first ar i couldn't remove it cuz of how it was pinned on.

No experience with those two, but I have built several like you describe.
Usually a 7-1/2" with a carbine handguard does the trick rather nicely.
You can do it with a midlength on a 9" also.

I have had no accuracy issues out to 100 yds. with the right barrels.
One problem I have had with Rock River and Yankee Hill is no SOT, no short uppers.
Stupid because they aren't SBRs until you mount them on a lower.

LMT (Lewis Machine & Tool) makes really nice AR's. They became known by making mostly stuff for government contracts, then hit the civilian markets. I consider them in the same league as Colt or Noveske. Do some looking around online, or ask some AR guru buddies of yours. I'm sure you'll hear nothing but good stuff about LMT. My gunsmith perfers to build AR's with their stuff. I've owned a lot of LMT stuff, had zero issues with any of it. All of them were accurate and reliable.

The front sight can be removed. Just a matter of cutting the pins that hold on the front sight.

You may want to look into BCM (Bravo Company) also. Very high quality stuff and decent prices. They make 10.5, 11.5 and 12.5" uppers with or without the fixed front sight base. Also they are a 1/7" twist which would probably be a good idea in a SBR 5.56 so you can shoot heavy bullets since you aren't likely to get fragmentation out of the velocity you'll hit with such a short barrel on 55gr and 62gr loads.

My google research says there parts r made by same company is this true or false?

I got way better customer service from Stag than RRA , this is from personal experience with both.

a lot of companies source out small parts even the big names and most use the same forge companies . some parts in house some just machined in house ect.
best to call them if you have to know . according to internet lore LMT has made parts for Stag and has made some for RRA as well

+1 for Stag.

I can still hook ya up on LMT and you'll be paying same/less then your two listed uppers and have MUCH better quality!!

Any A2 FSB you'll have to drive out the pins to replace the Gasblock, but it's not difficult by any means.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top