JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What do you want to wind up with?

I have a number of 10/22s

One has a Ramline plastic barrel (steel lined). Is is an old rifle with metal trigger housing. I have the Magpul takedown backpacker stock on it - that is neat - I think. Lightweight. If it doesn't shoot well, I have a Tactical Solutions barrel for it that should shoot well. A trigger, barrel, stock (rubber hogue or otherwise). I may get a scout scope mount for it. I could go on and on. It just depends on what you kind of rifle you want to wind up with - there are all different kinds of things you could get that will help you get where you want to go - but there are a lot of different directions to go.

bolt buffer, auto bolt release, extended mag release

This. Though note that not all extended mag releases work with all stocks. My PMACA stock, for example, doesn't do so well with an extended release that reaches all the way to the back of the trigger guard because this butts up against the AR style grip.

I'm also not a fan of the stock trigger and have two 10/22's - one with a Kidd two-stage trigger and another using Kidd "trigger job" internals in a stock trigger housing (well, okay I swapped the housing but that makes no difference to feel).

I'm fairly local to you. Would be more than happy to let you dry fire them to see the difference between stock, trigger job, and full on replacement trigger. Would love to go shoot but, until this wuflu stuff dies down...

It never ends! Whatever you decide, look at what you want to do with it before you purchase. I bought the synthetic and it didn't even come with iron sights. So then I bought a scope. I want to paint it, then maybe this or that... all of a sudden you have 1k into the gun lol.

I feel the most "bang for your buck" modifications I did to my 10/22 were an extended mag release and an auto bolt release. Super easy to do yourself. Also i threw some cheap glass on it, some $40 simmons amazon special. Can pop shotgun shells off a log at 100 yard all day, endless fun. Oh and some BX25 mags ;)

I put a Magpul stock, Tac Sol barrel, and a Vortex 3x9x40 Diamondback BDC scope on mine and have kind of called it good. Although recently I stripped it down and polished the internals to make the action run smoother and noticed a difference that it doesn't feel as gritty as the way it comes from the factory.

I just remembered too, my butler creek 25 round mags were starting to feed a little slow so I squirted a little 3-in-one dry lock lube into the top and that did the trick.

Last Edited:
First thing I do to all on mine is add a Tuffer Buffer.

After that, a few thousand rounds.

Them go from there.

I've got none stock 10/22s and crazy 10/22s. Both are very enjoyable.

Well the 10/22 certainly is one of the most accessory rich firearms out there. The sky is the limit for imagination on parts to change. Basic plan come up with a budget and decide how the rifle will be used as this affects what parts you look at. From a factory rile the first thing that will improve accuracy is your trigger. They are rough from the factory and a $500 barrel will still not look great using a factory trigger. The cheap fix is a Ruger BX trigger for about $60, you can have Brimstone Gunsmithing do one of their packages on it and improve it again by quite a bit, or go all out and buy a Kidd trigger group. Send your bolt to one of several very reputable guys Que Bolt and Barrel Reworks or Randy at CPC. Both will rework your bolt for a much smoother action and better reliability. You can have them polish the internal surfaces or follow the YouTube videos with a dremel at home yourself its actually pretty easy and sure makes for a slick action. Barrels are the sky's the limit thing, there are literally so many good manufacturers out there its impossible to begin a list. Everyone will have their favorite. Decide length and weight and profile and you'll find endless options. Same with stocks. It's a fun and often addicting road modifying 10/22's. Some people not saying who wind up buying several. Ask if you need more specific details on anything.

Almost forgot... most importantly head over to RimfireCentral.com and introduce yourself. It is hands down the biggest resource for all things regarding rimfire. The guys there have deep knowledge of anything and everything in the rimfire world.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews