JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a scope for my AR15 upper (cal. 5.56). I have read a lot of stuff on here (& elsewhere) but am still left with a question or two.

Trying to stay under $400. (Seems like there is the $100-$250 range, and then it jumps to $800-1000). 1-4 power, and 20mm (or I think some are 24mm) objective. My kid is going to learn with this scope so I do not want very tactical (OR confusing) of a reticle.
Any suggestions?
I have looked at Vortex Strike and Sig Tango4, Nikons and some Leupolds. All have one thing or another that I didn't care for.

I would like to stay with a true 1x for lowest magnification (not 1.25x). I would also like first focal plane but I do not know if that can be had for my cost limitations... I would not mind if it goes up to 6x, but I suspect that will get out of my budget too. (And the Vortex Viper PST Gen II that is 6x weighs as much as a frikin brick).

Looks like Cabela's has the Tango4 on sale for $450. Maybe I can squeak out another 50 bucks of SWMBO's money...

The Bushnell AR 1-4 with illuminated dot and holdover lines has worked good for me. Has a quick zoom throwdown lever. Not bad for the price.

AR91424I-2.jpg btr.gif

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads