JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a scope for my AR15 upper (cal. 5.56). I have read a lot of stuff on here (& elsewhere) but am still left with a question or two.

Trying to stay under $400. (Seems like there is the $100-$250 range, and then it jumps to $800-1000). 1-4 power, and 20mm (or I think some are 24mm) objective. My kid is going to learn with this scope so I do not want very tactical (OR confusing) of a reticle.
Any suggestions?
I have looked at Vortex Strike and Sig Tango4, Nikons and some Leupolds. All have one thing or another that I didn't care for.

I would like to stay with a true 1x for lowest magnification (not 1.25x). I would also like first focal plane but I do not know if that can be had for my cost limitations... I would not mind if it goes up to 6x, but I suspect that will get out of my budget too. (And the Vortex Viper PST Gen II that is 6x weighs as much as a frikin brick).

Looks like Cabela's has the Tango4 on sale for $450. Maybe I can squeak out another 50 bucks of SWMBO's money...

The Bushnell AR 1-4 with illuminated dot and holdover lines has worked good for me. Has a quick zoom throwdown lever. Not bad for the price.

AR91424I-2.jpg btr.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top