JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, why didn't Glock call the Glock 19 the Glock 15? It would have made more sense…:confused:
The Glock 17 was the 17th patent issued to Glock not the round count as many believe. Each subsequent model received the next numerical digits. Think of how many model "10's" they would have going your route. Makes WAY more sense than the old school S&W numbering scheme.

Define "Better"... depends on you and how you shoot what you shoot, and then variables like usage and WHERE you use it. In some cases I would guess that the 1911A1 would be more reliable over time due to it's construction and materials. While I do use and "like" the plastique Phantastique, I TRUST the Colt 1911A1 having used them over time and in various environments. But that's just me, and Glocks are rather new on the scene. I find it interesting that the US military passed on the Glock..

Define "Better"... depends on you and how you shoot what you shoot, and then variables like usage and WHERE you use it. In some cases I would guess that the 1911A1 would be more reliable over time due to it's construction and materials. While I do use and "like" the plastique Phantastique, I TRUST the Colt 1911A1 having used them over time and in various environments. But that's just me, and Glocks are rather new on the scene. I find it interesting that the US military passed on the Glock..
Not all of them did, SOCOM made a point to have Glocks in their armories.
https://freerangeamerican.us/army-special-forces-glock-pistols/

Better than a G19?

Well…… the G45, G17, and the G34 would top the G19 in my opinion.

But as far as dependability/reliability you're not gunna beat a Glock.

Side note.
Beef is going to be crazy expensive this summer. $6 a gallon gas isn't going to seem bad compared to $15 lb steaks.

I don't even want to try forecasting the winter holiday choice/prime Rib market
Too late:

1684809268334.png

And that's for Choice from a chain grocery store. I can only imagine what a decent Prime cut is from a real butcher.

Sorry if its already been mentioned in this long thread already. But I'll throw my vote in for the other Austrian striker fired polymer 9mm ...The Steyr M9

The best gun youve (probably) never heard of; better more ergonomically shaped grips, intuitive sights, high bore axis for excellent recoil control and point-ability. A lot of newer pistols now have drawn direct inspiration from the Steyr. No idea why its so underappreciated in the USA, its been around for decades. Theres merit to consumer sales being driven by whatever the police have chosen and Glock got in the market early. I think Glocks are great btw not doggin on them, I just have no shame pimping for the Steyr series whenever the opportunity arises lol.

If you're looking for a new gun to compare to the Glock 19, consider the G43X. It's slim and compact, great for concealment. The Glock 19, on the other hand, offers a larger grip and higher capacity. It's versatile for carry and home defense. Ultimately, it depends on your preferences and needs. Hope that helps

I want to buy a new gun and I'm trying to see which gun is more better than the Glock 19 ? I am looking at the G43X, just want you guys to advise me
I want to buy a new gun and I'm trying to see which gun is more better than the Glock 19 ? I am looking at the G43X, just want you guys to advise me
No one can tell you what's better as it's a personal preference. I'm not a big plastic gun guy but the G19 is an excellent choice (some say the best choice) for personal protection. It conceals fairly easy,15 round magazines, Fairly lightweight and is extremely reliable. Kinda checks all the boxes. I prefer pretty guns lol (1911s and HPs) but do appreciate the effectiveness of the glock design. You could spend $300 more on a HK or sig p226 but honestly (as far as a combat gun) they really won't be any "better" generally speaking.

First post here.

I started with the G19 (love it) but wanted something a little smaller for carrying. Got the 43x and happy with the decision. While it has more snap it is very manageable. Accuracy is not an issue (for me). Almost went with a 43 but the smaller handle and lesser capacity swayed me the other way. If you want something smaller you could go more the pocket pistol route. Might do that in the future myself. The 43x is def not a pocket pistol. At least for me.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top