JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
G19 is a better fighting pistol. G43x is better for carrying concealed. 1911 has a better trigger. A Hipoint is better for riding dirty. A CZ is better for hipsters.

Everything is a compromise. Figure out what exactly you want it to be better at and go for there.

Pistols are purpose driven, and very personal. The only way to find the one that's right for you is to go to the range and rent / shoot as many as you can get your hands on. A G19 is a great gun on many levels, but it you hate the way it feels and can't shoot it, it's not the pistol for you. A G43x is a very different animal...not my first choice for a fighting pistol, but as was said, for a CCW they're pretty hard to beat. As they say, one man's opinion.....

If we're just choosing a gun that we think is better and that I'd rather have than a Glock 19 I'll take a Dan Wesson Kodiak 10 mm.

I agree with the others that it's too personal a question for us to answer for you. I will say though that I've tried most and in semi autos, i always seem to circle back to the G19/23 guns. They're boring and blah but for me they work. If you already have a G19 work with it on a serious level. Also experiment with different holsters and carry methods. That will help guide YOUR decision. You'll either figure out the G19 is perfect for you or you'll know what the next one needs to offer.

I want to buy a new gun and I'm trying to see which gun is more better than the Glock 19 ? I am looking at the G43X, just want you guys to advise me
Sounds like you want a CCW. Some people love the G48, which is a slim G19. Shield Arms makes a metal 15-round mag for the G43x/G48. They are not cheap but it does give you the extra capacity.

I used to occasionally carry a G43x, which I sold to another forum member. Inside of 7-10 yards the G43x is fine. You will feel the recoil in the small grip. The G19 is much softer shooting.

Colt 1851 Navy... :D
Just kidding....kinda.

"Better"....is extremely subjective.

What do you want to do with your new pistol...what purpose do you have in mind..?
Have looked at and handled each of the two you are thinking of ...?
Which handled better (oh that word :D ) for you is far better( eek ) than what is better ( ugh ) for someone else.
Andy

Colt 1851 Navy... :D
Just kidding....kinda.

"Better"....is extremely subjective.

What do you want to do with your new pistol...what purpose do you have in mind..?
Have looked at and handled each of the two you are thinking of ...?
Which handled better (oh that word :D ) for you is far better( eek ) than what is better ( ugh ) for someone else.
Andy
I always figured you for a blunderbuss kind of a guy :s0140:

More better?

Anyway, as has been said dozens of times before:

1) Rent or borrow a gun. Have someone knowlegable and skilled teach you how to safely handle it. Shoot it with them, take their guidance. In short get started on training.

2) Repeat #1 with a different gun. Then do it again until you figure out the size and type that's best for you.

3) Only then buy the one you want.

Edit. Err... just noticed the "new gun", sorry for assuming you're new to the whole thing if you're not. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top