JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
this is my EDC so supposed it to by my fighting knife:
hk1.JPG
these are or have been my work horses and have fought my way through a ton of hide sinew gristle bone and fat over the decades.
IMGP0130.JPG
these are fully working and sharp miniatures just for fun that still could do some damage if the artery was next to the skin:rolleyes: :
IMGP0151a.JPG

I always wanted one of the US Army's M9 Bayonets too but never made that happen. Now they are really overpriced for me. Anyone try the S&W SW38 version? They are 420J2 Stainless but, it would most likely never see any combat/fighting tasks but, who knows?

CRKT Provoke (I bought the polymer version because it was $80 vs $199 for the all metal one).

I wanted it for the unique way it works. It fits in the coin pocket of a pair of jeans and honestly if I knew how f'n cool and practical it was as a backup knife I may have saved up for the all metal one but honestly given it will never see blood I probably did ok - I have polymer guns after all.

I have never used it to even cut tape because I don't want to have to sharpen a karambit style blade and I have my edc for things like that.

I used to carry a couple different edc knives but the Gerber Sumo was on sale and I liked the look of it so I bought it to try. It's my first Gerber as they have never really been my thing but at $28 it has a great blade shape for cutting and defense and is cheap enough to be easily replaced if it breaks but after a year of daily carry and use it's still going strong.

IMG_0946.png IMG_0947.png

Impulse buy and I figured, what the heck. Feels solid and has plenty weight behind it! If I can't stab 'em, I'll throw it and knock'em down! 🤣

thumbnail_20240516_111246.jpg
thumbnail_20240516_111205.jpg

I'm gonna conflate "fighting" with "defensive" because I think a lot of you guys have the wrong idea of what a "knife fight" looks like when you say "don't get into one" or "I would just shoot him". A knife is for when the drunk who wrestled in high school grabs you around your waist for a bodylock takedown and folds you on your back while the back of your skull kisses the concrete and you are ina ground-and-pound situation. You can't get to your gun because he felt it in your waistband or you dropped it. Your knife is there to physically cut the cables powering his muscles currently trying to smash and choke you to death, and because you probably spend a lot more time on the range than you do on the mat.

A defensive knife has to be one you'll actually carry so it's probably a folding knife, your kabar isn't going to be a very effective fighting knife while its at home on a shelf. You will probably be using it more for opening boxes and popping zip ties so it doesn't have to be all tactical and menacing. It has to be a knife you can deploy quickly and it won't slip out of your hand. It also has to be legal in your jurisdiction to carry. Blade length is not much of an issue because stab wound survivors usually report that they didn't realize they were stabbed until much later. And you're usually gun guys, not knife guys, so you probably won't spend a lot of money on it.

Kershaw Emerson CQC6K is mine.

17159053082435121435204310657992.jpg

I prefer dual purpose since I "always" need a knife, but will rarely if ever need a fighting knife.

EDC is a Gerber Gator, A little more than you really need as a "tool", but still very functional and an excellent grip for close quarters use if the need ever arises.
1715906787958.png

In the field, a Gerber Strongarm. Extremely functional/capable for field craft, and again, a solid grip and features for defensive use.
1715907118955.png

I commonly carry a TOPS mini scandi as a neck or boot knife as well. Mainly as a backup in street life and it's a great paring, slicer and such for camp cooking.
1715907336941.png

I do have some very nice knives, but for carry and as a "tool" I don't see much value in spending a fortune. Something that get's the job done extremely well, one I won't cry about if it get's beat to heck and easily replaceable if lost, stolen or confiscated as evidence. :s0155:

You are absolutely right! But the lowest common denominator of gun owner probably would ask if you're referring to weaver or isosceles stance. An alarming number of gun guys I meet have never grappled or boxed and just load up on weapons.
Not to mention not being able to run around the block without puking on their shoes.

You are absolutely right! But the lowest common denominator of gun owner probably would ask if you're referring to weaver or isosceles stance. An alarming number of gun guys I meet have never grappled or boxed and just load up on weapons.
If I only had a dolla for every macho training junkie that knew all the proper book jargon and has played pretend in a boxing gym that wet themselves and will knock women and children to the ground trying to run for cover when actually faced with a life or death situation....

Just sayin.... 🤣

If I only had a dolla for every macho training junkie that knew all the proper book jargon and has played pretend in a boxing gym that wet themselves and will knock women and children to the ground trying to run for cover when actually faced with a life or death situation....

Just sayin.... 🤣
Yeah people do goofy and unexpected stuff under pressure. Hopefully we are stronger human beings than them and don't crack when the time comes too. I dig that mini scandi you've got.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top