JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a small, light knife with a sheath that can be easily carried in basketball short pockets or clipped to the waistband. I do not want a cheap chinesium Walmart special. Made out of material such as D2 or 154CM, maybe 1095 for example. Fixed blade, please.

Can't carry my gun at the gym and I'm not about to throw dumbbells at heads :p

Recommendations? Experience with gym carry?

Might try the izula with no handle scales.

How are you thinking of attaching it?
With a standard belt clip if applicable. I've been carrying a standard folder that way for a while. Not a huge fan of my primary/only weapon being a folder, though.

That knife looks MEAN
I have the Northman and the Minuteman. Worth every penny. I'll send some photos when I get home before I head to the gym. Depending on what kind of concealment you're looking for I have (2) different styles of sheaths. One for deep concealment/pocket and one for standard belt carry.

The Discreet Concept Clips can't be beat.

IMG_3128.jpeg

I run a Spyderco military clipped inside my waistband when out and about in basketball/athletic shorts. Light enough not to notice but large enough to do most anything you would look to a knife to do. Zero concerns with it being a folder and failing short of the same things which might cause a fixed blade to fail.

I run a Spyderco military clipped inside my waistband when out and about in basketball/athletic shorts. Light enough not to notice but large enough to do most anything you would look to a knife to do. Zero concerns with it being a folder and failing short of the same things which might cause a fixed blade to fail.
Yeah, I know it's definitely a thing that folders aren't considered front line weapons. I just never understood why.

The ulticlip is the best way of carrying a fixed blade in athletic shorts. There are a few companies that use them, however, they are very common in the custom knife world. That being said, I carry a cold steel voyager xl "iwb" when I trail run. As long as I can tie the draw string, it's comfortable. I'd stick with stainless steel for knives that are going to be exposed to a lot of sweat. 1095 and d2 will rust fast in sweaty environments.

I go to the gym every day unarmed.
Which is fine. I'll just be blunt about it and say with the rise of active events of many natures, I don't really want to be caught with my pants down. Unless of course I'm getting my crappy folder out of my prison wallet :s0140:

Which is fine. I'll just be blunt about it and say with the rise of active events of many natures, I don't really want to be caught with my pants down. Unless of course I'm getting my crappy folder out of my prison wallet :s0140:
A knife is better than nothing, but really up close and personal type defense. I've been going to the same gym for over 4 years now. Never even considered going in armed. But I get it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews