JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Half seriously, the CS Kobun knife is thin and sharp and there are clip sheaths.

Cold Steel 17T Kobun Tanto Fixed https://a.co/d/9J9qClo

IMG_0904.jpeg IMG_0903.jpeg

I'd go to Tops Knives website find one, buy at your favorite knife shop, and then if needed get the Ulti Clip. They have all sorts of shapes and sizes.

@TTSX If you need an ulticlip I have their slim version you can have. If you ever find your way up North.

Half seriously, the CS Kobun knife is thin and sharp and there are clip sheaths.

Cold Steel 17T Kobun Tanto Fixed https://a.co/d/9J9qClo

View attachment 1474247 View attachment 1474248
Weight?

Nvmd, just over a quarter pound. Not bad at all.

I'm looking for a small, light knife with a sheath that can be easily carried in basketball short pockets or clipped to the waistband. I do not want a cheap chinesium Walmart special. Made out of material such as D2 or 154CM, maybe 1095 for example. Fixed blade, please.

Can't carry my gun at the gym and I'm not about to throw dumbbells at heads :p

Recommendations? Experience with gym carry?
Just make sure that the sheath does not hang below the hem, or you'll be arrested for indecent exposure.

I used to be a technician for 24HR Fitness....lotsa strange folk up in the clubs, boys.
Thought about a neck knife instead of carrying in the shorts?
Not a huge proponent of having something around my neck during an altercation.

For the OP, Emerson La Griffe, designed by Fred Perrin.

BUT -- I'd rather have a kubaton or something that works on pressure points in a self defense scenario than a knife. Being covered in a stranger's blood -- particularly the type of stranger who is likely to be attacking innocents -- is better than being unable to get away, but potentially not by much depending on what's in the blood. Anything that is going to bring me in contact with large amounts of an attacker's blood is a last choice survival option for me. Of course, a last choice survival option may be necessary, therefore see paragraph 1.

A closed folder wrapped in a fist has a lot of overlooked utility in a "get away from the bad guy" scenario. It is also a self defense strategy that incorporates escalation of force that can be legitimately argued in a court. "I could have stabbed him 22 times until the threat stopped moving, but instead I utilized pressure point compliance techniques and/or knocked him dizzy, then ran" is a statement any jury can understand.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews