JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bought a week or so ago, but just arrived a couple days ago--Winfield & Roberts's French Warships in the Age of Sail 1786-1861. $80 book that I managed to power-shop and coupon-stack down to $40. :D

And before you guys start mocking the subject, it's for a client project--you'd be surprised at how much of the British Royal Navy, including the various Thomas Slade-designed 74-gunners that were the backbone of their battle-line and the Ledas that made up a similar portion of their frigate force, were ripped off from the engineering of captured French ships. Not my first choice, but when you're trying to tell the story of something like Trafalgar, you need to make sure you accurately portray the weapons, tactics and personalities of both sides.

Beware of the new Amazon Scam,
I ordered two "pendants" (pointed knuckle ring)

Ordered, was told mid July, now its August. Both sellers decided to up and delete their account off Amazon so I cannot contact them.

Sellers in their ad never said they were from China. For $2-3 a pop Im sure a whole bunch of people got fooled.

An easy $2000-$3000 for them with all the orders of only $1.50-$5 per pendant... then they close their account and create another. Not sure if they have info to the card numbers (as a seller) or if Amazon handles that.. But my card was hacked not more than a week after my order.. perhaps it was just a coincidence. Ill be filing for a refund (though nil).. But man it irks me to know slimballs like that are out there finding loopholes in online retail.

Anyhow.. Was wondering if this happened to anyone else?

Sorry to post this, but the order would have been non firearm related. :p
For some reason Slickguns has been going nuts posting bottom-feeder listings for small parts and tactical trinkets like that--I have three $3 tactical shankpens on the way, supposedly, assuming they're legit. And similarly, SG has been going nuts with listings from a certain tac-gear shop of dubious repute... (*cough*Botach*cough*)

Replacement gas can spout, because I don't have the three hands and coordination required to operate the new EPA mandated ones that come with all new gas cans. One of my new cans requires me to hold down a switch with one hand while I hold down a lever with another. Then, I'm somehow supposed to lift it and hold it in place while gas slowly trickles out the nozzle. You can find these simple ones below on Amazon or elsewhere by searching for gas can filler spout. The word spout is important in your search, if yo use hose you will replacements for the crappy ones you are trying to get rid of.

upload_2016-8-11_12-2-4.png

Replacement gas can spout, because I don't have the three hands and coordination required to operate the new EPA mandated ones that come with all new gas cans. One of my new cans requires me to hold down a switch with one hand while I hold down a lever with another. Then, I'm somehow supposed to lift it and hold it in place while gas slowly trickles out the nozzle. You can find these simple ones below on Amazon or elsewhere by searching for gas can filler spout. The word spout is important in your search, if yo use hose you will replacements for the crappy ones you are trying to get rid of.

View attachment 306838
Yes indeed.
Now you aren't using those on gas cans dated before 1995?( whatever) haha.

Batteries and large diameter bush tires for one of my RC planes.

And a bright yellow waterproof jacket & pants suit for my bicycle commute when it turns dark and rainy here for half a year. $17, what can go wrong?

I used to collect WW2 German stuff exclusively, but sold it all off and switched to WW2 USMC. My wife was always on me about all the swastikas.
In retrospect, I see now how it can look more than a little odd having Nazi crap everywhere.
But I do see the historical value, and certainly do not condone or glorify Nazis!

image.jpeg

Cards Against Humanity Card game, and one of the expansion sets.

It is a party game for horrible people.

If you don't know about this game, check it out, funny as hell....

Cards Against Humanity

Definitely fun with a group of people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes, and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Yesterday I bought an empty TC Encore
Today I bought three boxes of 45-70
Poor thing's hungry!
NON firearm in this thread ya goof:confused:
That's a good post for the other thread:)
I went to the Amish store and got a few things
Stopped by the gun/bow/uhaul store and picked up some small game arrow tips . He didn't get my arrows in but I found something else to spend money on lol

I've been in the market for a decent automotive battery charger for quite some time. Had to find something that'd work well with various Optima's I encounter. Research kept pointing to the Noco system, and I finally ordered a Noco Genius G3500 today. Pretty incredible how technology has changed :)

Replacement battery for my Dell laptop - 5+ years old and has held out pretty darn well so far.

BTW - anyone here know a good computer shop that doesn't charge and arm and a leg that can help me with replacing the power jack on my laptop? It's about to come off the board (I guess it's a common Dell issue) and I need to get it fixed - maybe have a cleaning of the fan/ports while they're in there.

Replacement battery for my Dell laptop - 5+ years old and has held out pretty darn well so far.

BTW - anyone here know a good computer shop that doesn't charge and arm and a leg that can help me with replacing the power jack on my laptop? It's about to come off the board (I guess it's a common Dell issue) and I need to get it fixed - maybe have a cleaning of the fan/ports while they're in there.

Most will want to replace the whole motherboard, but you might find someone to de-solder the old one and re-solder (if it's possible). In either case the repair would probably be $150-$200. If it were me I'd wouldn't put money into a system that old when you're nearly halfway to a new one (which is almost certain to be better spec'd). It's incredible what $400-$600 will get you these days! I prefer Dell.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-E5-573G-79JP-15-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOBLM

Jet.com - Prices Drop As You Shop

Start a thread if you need some help shopping, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be happy to help :)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews