JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is granola hiding in here somewhere.

20221023_055807.jpg

OK,

So, I am really hesitant to post this here publicly.

Because they are kind of a Secret because they are So Good.

*But* I have been drinking tonight, so I can regret this, Tomorrow.

BUT THESE......ARE TO DIE FOR!!!!! Especially if you LIKE SPICEY!

View attachment 1296498
You should give this ine a try, you might need to order it online. Ive tried quite a few and this one by far is my favorite spicey noodle:

-Samyang "Stew Type"
I cut up veg, toss an egg in (like egg drop soup, mix it up we while boiling), and some sort of meat. This is my go to overnight backpacking meal as well.
The veg/meat/egg cook in the boiling water so little prep is needed. I also use more water than the package, just a little too hot if you use their directions imo. They have quite a few, but Stew type is by far my favorite.

20221024_104901.jpg 20221024_104734.jpg

Last Edited:
Needs pile of shredded lettuce. Or better yet, cole slaw!

Seeing as I don't us a cell phone. :rolleyes: I don't take pics of dinner. Haven't bothered to get the camera down either.
We had Banh Mi last night using one of those bagged/seasoned pork tenderloins. Just done in the oven.
If you've never had a Banh Mi. It's a party in your mouth!
1667228910741.png
Not ours, but very similar. There is a special French bread that they're made with.

@Mikej if you haven't tried this on your BanMi-Wich, you might want to give it s squirt. Fairly easy to make your own too.

1667242200181.png

Edit to add: Just remembered that you were having trouble with your sense of taste and smell. :oops:

@Mikej if you haven't tried this on your BanMi-Wich, you might want to give it s squirt. Fairly easy to make your own too.

View attachment 1302242

Edit to add: Just remembered that you were having trouble with your sense of taste and smell. :oops:
I'd try that ^. The thing with taste is getting something that POPS! The wife likes Maggi Seasoning. It's okay. Stuff with an "Essence" rather than just flavor. Jalapeno, cilantro, Sriracha! Texture is a big deal.

Venison - first in 40 years. It was really good. When around 20 I thought it was nasty and too gamy, but wow. I loved the butcher had it labeled 'Grass Fed and Grass Finished". Is there such a thing as a deer raised on soy corns? (reserving the lol since wtf was that label for?)
Pasture raised "Happy Eggs'
Spicy Kimchi
Celery
Brussel Sprouts
Non-Soy no added sugar dressing
Bone Broth
Some cucumber
My usual Turmeric/Black Pepper + other spices.

Plate probably weighs two lbs. OMAD. All in my usual Al Bundy Dog Bowl.

I really miss having fresh eggs, Happy Eggs (these are Heritage Blue & Brown) are a decent alternative. Nice orange colored yolk with a rich flavor @ 50 cents a piece.
uiHappyEgg.jpg

@Burt Gummer
Happy to hear of people finding venison again.
My last Washington State mule deer was fat finished on alfalfa...almost tasted like home raised beef. I would think that some of the midwest deer would be finish fed on corn.

1667502861699.png

The GF made me some Viet Namese curry for lunch.

It's close in taste to Thai Curry. But, Japanese curry is my favorite. Oh well......it's all good eats.

Aloha, Mark

I really miss having fresh eggs, Happy Eggs (these are Heritage Blue & Brown) are a decent alternative. Nice orange colored yolk with a rich flavor @ 50 cents a piece.
View attachment 1304208

@Burt Gummer
Happy to hear of people finding venison again.
My last Washington State mule deer was fat finished on alfalfa...almost tasted like home raised beef. I would think that some of the midwest deer would be finish fed on corn.
Wife got 4 hens early this year. They all started laying several months ago and I had forgotten just how damn nice it is. Bright yellow and they taste like something. Only downside it has ruined eggs out again. If we go out for breakfast eggs are hard to take now. They don't look or taste right any more.

There are several homes on my street that have have coups and 'pasture raised' means they let their chickens just roam around the neighborhood.

One told me he has kept the eventual Karens at bay by giving out free eggs. When I can't get those, Vitality eggs seem pretty decent.

Even Safeway sells them now. Maybe people are just done with the .99/dozen 'translucent' eggs that are a waste of time.

There are several homes on my street that have have coups and 'pasture raised' means they let their chickens just roam around the neighborhood.

One told me he has kept the eventual Karens at bay by giving out free eggs. When I can't get those, Vitality eggs seem pretty decent.

Even Safeway sells them now. Maybe people are just done with the .99/dozen 'translucent' eggs that are a waste of time.
Coup de grâce or coup d état?

P

Fried potatoes with drizzle of ranch and lots of salsa. It's high carb day today. The potatoes had inch long sprouts to clean off but still taste good. I microwaved them first then put a light coat of avacodo oil spray on them plus seasonings before frying them.

20221105_083945.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR