JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Received my order of 10 large mylar bags and O2 absorbers from mylarbagsdirect.com (good prices and shipping was quicker than expected). Gonna start packing and sealing my 4 gallon square buckets with bulk grains, mixed beans, rice, etc this weekend.

Seeing people limp around Haiti w/ broken limbs, I went out and bought a folding splint today for my first aid kit.

Also, bought some EMT shears - always useful.

I'm "going to school" on this Haiti disaster. I feel really bad for the people as I hope anyone will, and I hope help is there or rushing there, but it's still a real life, real time look at if the SHTF.

I keep reminding myself that if it happened to us, there would be no US to come to our aid.

$.02

Lightweight GP Kit:
8 Snares
Waterproof case
Matches
Petroleum Gauze for fire starting
Hatchet
E Tool
100' 550 cord
Boonie hat
LED Lights
EMT Shears
Dbl Edge Boot knife (for cutting or Spear point)
Leg Kit
Blade handle
10 and 11 blades
Needle driver
Mosquito Forceps
Diamond sharpener
Gerber MT
Knife GP
Pencil with 20" of duct tape
Writes anywhere ball-pt pen
Sharpie
Writes in rain paper
70oz camelback bladder wtube
EAR BLEEDING loud whistle
Suture Kit X5 (Sewing of all sorts)
Chem Lights 5 colors
IMG_0003.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg

Last Edited:
Got a case of MRE's from www.theepicenter.com (REALLY good people to deal with, and local) , pouches of H2o, and filled up a spare propane tank. Now off to Costco to pick up 1 more shelving unit for the garage to have a separate unit for everything 'disaster' related.

Re-stocked my M1. The last stock got a crack in the rear of the trigger guard going all the way through the grip area and into the buttstock. Once I have it fixed, I'll have an extra stock for the gun I shoot the most. Always good to have a back-up. Two is one, one is none...

Pretty modest, but today I got a bunch of long(ish) term food to store.

25lbs bag of rice
10lbs bag of pinto beans
value pack of bandaids
bulk oats
bulk brown sugar
bulk white sugar
bulk salt
bulk chicken bouillon cubes

Dry packed all that and stashed in a safe, accessible place.
Cleaned and filled up a 5 gallon water container.

Also picked up a few hundred rounds of high velocity winchester .22LR on sale :)

I've never even seen a Sam's Club...I figured they weren't in WA. :confused:

We don't have anything that I recall being labeled a "Sam's Club," but we do have a Wal Mart "Super Store." I don't know the difference. I just know it's a lot bigger with a lot more variety than the normal Wal Marts. It has those bulk items.

FWIW, it's in Eagle Point. I think there might be one in Grants Pass too but I can't remember.

Don't overlook Food For Less and Winco too. They are worth a look.

Yer up late gunny.

Yeah GP has a supercenter, had a hand in building the extension.

Food 4 Less is awesome for bulk meat too. 1st-10th they have 10lb sales and you can get 10 lbs of ground, sirloin, pork, etc for 2-3 bucks a pound. Divvy it, seal it, freeze it.

Are you having trouble downloading a photo? Sometimes I have to take my photo into the photoshop program and erase some of the picture around the item I'm trying to show and that makes the photo require less information to transfer and it will go through. If I'm wrong about what your talking about then..... I don't know.

Ja sometimes I have probs with my MAC mostly op head space and timing:s0112: I will try to put it on Photobucket then transfer to here. I was surprised I fit all that in the leg kit so I wanna show it

OK GOT IT THERE ARE PICS NOW!!!

Ja sometimes I have probs with my MAC mostly op head space and timing:s0112: I will try to put it on Photobucket then transfer to here. I was surprised I fit all that in the leg kit so I wanna show it

OK GOT IT THERE ARE PICS NOW!!!

There is a good free pic resizer here:

Link

I too use photoshop because it's always open on my box, but you don't need it for that.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top