The stuff hits the fan on 'Gunrunner'

Discussion in 'Legal & Political' started by Dave Workman, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

0   0   0
    BREAKING: Explosive ‘Fast and Furious’ report quotes ATF whistleblowers

Wednesday morning’s second hearing on Operation Fast and Furious before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform could be devastating for Justice Department officials because of a report released Tuesday evening quoting four ATF whistleblowers who say that “preventing loss of life was not a primary concern” of their supervisors.

BREAKING: Explosive
    Trlsmn, billcoe, chris61182 and 3 others like this.
  2. jvbutter

jvbutter Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

7   0   0

REally??? Is this a war time event??? I think in WAR they even try to avoid the civilians, and only attack the combatants...
  3. Dave Workman

0   0   0
  4. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Well-Known Member

30   0   1
    I find it amusing to watch them trash around at DOJ like this is just an ATF issue when it looks pretty clear that ATF and DOJ were joined at the hip in this fiasco. One would hope it takes down Holder too, but I'm not holding my breath.
  5. Grommit327

Grommit327 Active Member

14   0   0
    While Melson may be headed out it looks like Traver will take up as director and that is bad news for every gun owner
  6. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Well-Known Member

30   0   1
    I don't know. Unless Obama makes a recess appointment of Traver (which is what I predict), there is HUGE opposition to him within the Republican Party.
  7. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Active Member

8   0   0
    Screw resignations - we need to see heads on poles for this fiasco!!!
    Riot, chris61182, trainsktg and 9 others like this.
  8. dmancornell

dmancornell Banned

38   0   0
    Is it just me or is the committee hearing missing the point by focusing on the consequences rather than the malicious intent of this "sting"?

As tragic as the end result is, the original intent is far more dangerous and criminal, i.e. a government agency committing felonies to push a political agenda. I've been hearing the "90% of guns" canard repeated in the media for months; the timing of this "sting" and the dissemination of associated propanganda cannot be a coincidence. The only reasonable explanation is that this sting is a concerted attempt by government to affect public opinion to make a renewed AWB politically acceptable.

Yet more proof that government will murder anyone to secure its dominance.
  9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Well-Known Member

6   0   0
    Yep. Remember the ATF blaming gun shops for their actions just as the Gunrunner story broke?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Moving to crack down on gun smugglers, the federal agency that monitors weapons sales is asking the White House for emergency authority to require that dealers near the Mexican border report multiple purchases of high powered rifles."

Nation & World | Feds want reporting for high-powered rifle sales | Seattle Times Newspaper

Transcript of ATF Acting Director Melson — Webcast. Scroll to Gunfixx's post.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...-want-reporting-high-powered-rifle-sales.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was going to be the story pushed by ATF and the Obama administration.

Yes Melson will be the fall guy but he is just "Acting" Director of the ATF. Since when do temporary department heads make decisions on international programs like this, who approved it above him?

It's normal for first term cabinet members to make way for second term replacements. Look for the administration to push this back as long as possible so A.G. Holder can announce he wants to spend more time with his family.
  10. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Well-Known Member

82   0   0
    While I can understand and appreciate the principle that it does little good to arrest the small time patsies but instead go after the heads of these smuggling rings, this is one of the worst ideas I have ever seen from a government organization. They just do not have the means to properly follow through with the premise behind this plan. Once the guns are bought and across the border they have no support from the Mexican government in following then "to the nest" so to speak and flushing out the true criminals. It was a bad idea doomed to failure from the beginning and I hope the people responsible fry.
  11. Father of four

Father of four Well-Known Member

5   0   0
    It stinks to high heaven!

Many, many people were involved, only 1 and maybe a few more will be held accountable I betcha.
  12. Father of four

5   0   0
    Yeah right..Dishonorable Discharge is what they'll get, with pay.

If it was you or me? Many many years behind bars, loads of felonies and the right to own a firearm revoked for life.
  13. Father of four

5   0   0
    "Operation Fast and Furious was an off-shoot of the larger Project Gunrunner, conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. This controversial operation allowed an estimated 2,000-2,500 guns “walk” into Mexico as ATF field agents were repeatedly ordered to “stand down” by their supervisors."

Truth, Honor, doing the Right thing? Things of the past?
  14. Doubletap

Doubletap Well-Known Member

157   0   0
    And..this totally unconstitutional organization will continue to violate Americans' rights..like nothing ever happened.. Any "punishment" will be smoke and mirrors..while they work on even more ways to crap on the Constitution... Who polices the police? Absolutely nobody...
  15. Dave Workman

0   0   0
  16. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Active Member

8   0   0
    Whoopty Doo - The turd will probably just walk across the street to the "justice department" and be hired at a better salary. No resignations - we want to see prosecutions!! Perp walk the bastards.
  17. titsonritz

titsonritz Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

20   0   0
    Talk about crappy to crappier...
  18. trainsktg

trainsktg Well-Known Member

56   0   0
    That'll be one more resignation than we saw after 9/11.

Keith
  19. dmancornell

dmancornell Banned

38   0   0
    Nobody will be punished, this stooge was merely serving his masters across the street at the DOJ. He'll get a quiet promotion in a different bureaucracy as a reward for pushing a controversial political agenda. Meanwhile the media will forget about this entire scandal but continue to use the bogus statistics, especially when the next AWB attempt rolls by. And since nobody will actually be prosecuted for this, the media will blithely deny any connection between the bogus stats and the gun running operation via "plausible deniability", as if people are too stupid to connect the dots.

In the government world of zero accountability and failing upwards, what would be a completely insane plan becomes a viable one.

On a related note, read the OSS psych evaluation of Hitler's propaganda style: OSS Psychological Profile of Hitler, Part Three

I see parallels between Hitler and the feds' behavior with Fast & Furious (comments are mine)

- Never allow the public to cool off (media has been harping on gun shops for months)
    - Never admit a fault or wrong (ATF head will resign without admitting wrongdoing)
    - Never concede that there may be some good in your enemy (forget about any apologies to gun shop owners in the Southwest)
    - Never leave room for alternatives (ditto about ending the drug war or unconstitutional drug wars or reducing government power)
    - Never accept blame (hahaha, that is government modus operandi)
    - Concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong (this also applies for every government manufactured disaster as well)
    - People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it (in 6 months, people wouldn't even believe the government is capable of giving weapons to the cartels, just you watch)

inb4 Godwin's law but the similarities are striking
  20. rdb241

rdb241 Well-Known Member

48   0   0