JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Issa heading to Mexico as more F&F guns linked to bloodshed

Congressman Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, is heading to Mexico Friday as new reports of Operation Fast and Furious-linked guns being involved in a high-profile murder have surfaced.

<broken link removed>

As tragic as the end result is, the original intent is far more dangerous and criminal, i.e. a government agency committing felonies to push a political agenda. I've been hearing the "90% of guns" canard repeated in the media for months; the timing of this "sting" and the dissemination of associated propanganda cannot be a coincidence. The only reasonable explanation is that this sting is a concerted attempt by government to affect public opinion to make a renewed AWB politically acceptable.

I would hope that any and all involved in this canard get jail time. It is of even more importance that those we designate to ensure that citizens follow the laws, follow the laws rigorously and honestly themselves.

On another note: thanks for the frequent well written articles Dave.

Is there any reliable factual information from reliable factual sources about the actual number of guns involved, what was the plan if there was one, and what went wrong with the plan?

I saw lots of partisan political yapping but no one was facting.

Is there any reliable factual information from reliable factual sources about the actual number of guns involved, what was the plan if there was one, and what went wrong with the plan?

Nope - not a one - it never happened - BATF, DOJ and all elected offices are exclusively staffed with loyal americans of the highest moral caliber - nothing to see here, move along - your government loves you - go back to sleep.

Nope - not a one - it never happened - BATF, DOJ and all elected offices are exclusively staffed with loyal americans of the highest moral caliber - nothing to see here, move along - your government loves you - go back to sleep.

Oh it happened,we know when, where and how, but we are still missing most of who, why and how many.
I still need the rest of the facts before I go yelling 'off with their heads'!
But I do understand the desire many have for a 'reign of terror', and I am heavily invested in Guillotine futures!

I've decided that the dinosaurs were smarter than most American Voters, as they didn't gleefully vote for their own extinction.

Oh it happened,we know when, where and how, but we are still missing most of who, why and how many.
I still need the rest of the facts before I go yelling 'off with their heads'!
But I do understand the desire many have for a 'reign of terror', and I am heavily invested in Guillotine futures!

I've decided that the dinosaurs were smarter than most American Voters, as they didn't gleefully vote for their own extinction.

I'm waiting for more information too, but that doesn't quell a hot desire to see the guilty parties (whoever they may be) swinging by their testicles. I'm not holding my breath for a full, open, and honest investigation. The corrupt look out for their own, and rarely is justice served in amerika today.

Ditto on the dinosaurs - not only are we voting for it - we're financing it.

Heads should freekin roll on this...the BATFE is the first organization to screw someone over for technicallities. They've ruined people's lives and livley hoods over reverse rulings and with overzelous agents slapping felony charges for stuff that even the ATF says isn't illegal...yet when they do something wrong that ends up killing someone they get to just "walk away"?

WTF?!!!!!

It could be called Internal Investigation... They know or will know what had happened... They will take care of it.

They cant lets us mere Citizens know exactly what happened, because you know...only certain people (Government Officials) need to know...and they think we (Citizens) don't need to know anything more then they want us to know.

They will tell us what they want to. Just trust in the Authority.

That's how it works. We are the servants now right?. We work for them.

Looks like the Justice Dept doesn't want Melson to testify.

Federal gun surveillance: ATF chief resists pressure to step down - latimes.com

"Kenneth E. Melson, who has run the bureau for two years, is reportedly eager to testify to Congress about the extent of his and other officials' involvement in the operation, code-named Fast and Furious.

Melson does not want to be "the fall guy" for the program, under which ATF agents allowed straw purchasers to acquire more than 1,700 AK-47s and other high-powered rifles from Arizona gun dealers, the sources said."

George Custer, meet Ken Melson and Eric Holder

History buffs will recall that today is the 135th anniversary of the Battle of the Little Bighorn, a military catastrophe that also became a political debacle, and if George Armstrong Custer were alive today, he could probably teach Kenneth Melson and Eric Holder something valuable about strategic errors.

<broken link removed>

NRA News scores big with Fast & Furious interviews

NRA News, the National Rifle Association’s media arm, has scored a pair of interviews on Operation Fast and Furious, the most recent being today’s breaking conversation with Congressman Trey Gowdy ( R-SC) who just returned from a weekend trek to Mexico with Rep. Darrell Issa to probe deeper into the controversy.

<broken link removed>

The admin has quite a quandary on their hands. If they fire Melson he tells all, but yet they need a fall guy. It appears he is the LAST guy Holder and 0 want testifying before Issa's committee. As a result, Melson may have made a permanent spot at the ATF for himself. At least as long as obama is in the WH.
With any luck, Holder will be gone before this is all over, and obama will be unelectable in 2012.

Cummings’ Thursday Fast & Furious ‘forum’ called a smokescreen

An attempt to present a different perspective on the continuing investigation into Operation Fast and Furious is being mounted Thursday morning on Capitol Hill by Democrat Congressman Elijah E. Cummings, who has invited several prominent anti-gunners, but no gun rights experts, industry representatives or whistleblowers.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top