JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Were the shots fired before or after the car crashed? Shouldn't be too hard for the police to figure it out.
Who did the car belong to? Shouldn't be too hard for the police to figure out.
Did the "Flat Antifa" dude get run over as the driver was trying to escape from the shooter? Wearing all black, at night?
This still looks like an internal gang fight.

There are still way too many questions and not enough answers.
Two lawyers talking to the Oregonian?? They represent the Antifa gunman. I'm not sure their statements are believable.

Folks on this forum should think twice before defending or rationalizing gang violence.

Not to mention the fact they were intoxicated prior to the melee - what does Portland or Oregon code say about firing a weapon at a vehicle while under the influence?
Clearly there is a two sided justice system in this town.

If you are a radical leftist you are treated with special handling. Period.

The shooter
21513452-mmmain.jpg
Hyatt Eshelman was arrested durring the Anti-Trump riots in November, 2016 for Interfering with a Peace Officer.
Police arrest 17 people during Friday night anti-Trump protest
Looks like it was catch and release.

The shooter
View attachment 629329
Hyatt Eshelman was arrested durring the Anti-Trump riots in November, 2016 for Interfering with a Peace Officer.
Police arrest 17 people during Friday night anti-Trump protest
Looks like it was catch and release.
Mike Strickland gets railroaded for having his gun out while being pursued by a mob...
Loses pretty much all his rights, not so much as even point the gun...

This dickhead gets arrested for interfering with a police officer and does a magdump into a occupied vehicle, possibly while under the influence and he is instantly cleared of any wrongdoing, not even a hint of losing CHL, etc.

Welcome to Portland

Mike Strickland gets railroaded for having his gun out while being pursued by a mob...
Loses pretty much all his rights, not so much as even point the gun...

This dickhead gets arrested for interfering with a police officer and does a magdump into a occupied vehicle, possibly while under the influence and he is instantly cleared of any wrongdoing, not even a hint of losing CHL, etc.

Welcome to Portland

Has he been cleared or is it under investigation still?

Setting aside who he is, if it went down like his attorney said: "SUV ran over person, then appeared to be revving up to run over the person again, then he shot into the car in defense of other" -- that would seem justified to me. If however he shot at the SUV while it was fleeing the scene, that would be a crime. I suspect the police are probably trying to get a better idea of when the shots happened because that will be the difference between arrest and clearing.

Well, I'm sure they will be able to find this guy in his mom's basement.
Could he be Ted Wheeler's love child?

Has he been cleared or is it under investigation still?

Setting aside who he is, if it went down like his attorney said: "SUV ran over person, then appeared to be revving up to run over the person again, then he shot into the car in defense of other" -- that would seem justified to me. If however he shot at the SUV while it was fleeing the scene, that would be a crime. I suspect the police are probably trying to get a better idea of when the shots happened because that will be the difference between arrest and clearing.
It may well be justified. I cant say whether Id have done any different if the lawyers version is true.

I was only drawing contrast to the treatment given based on ideology. Strickland didnt do anything wrong either.

My main beef with this story is what the hell happened to the people in the car... They are ALL being far too tightlipped about that, for my liking.

It may well be justified. I cant say whether Id have done any different if the lawyers version is true.

I was only drawing contrast to the treatment given based on ideology. Strickland didnt do anything wrong either.

My main beef with this story is what the hell happened to the people in the car... They are ALL being far too tightlipped about that, for my liking.

I agree. I don't understand why that fact is such a secret. I suppose it's possible the story the police are getting from the people in the car is that they were shot at and hit someone while escaping, then crashed into the building. That's a pure guess thought. It is pretty unfortunate that the only third party "ear witness" (at least to have come forward) to the events, was some homeless dude, so there is probably some skepticism about how accurate his rendition is.

I suspect the police are probably trying to get a better idea of when the shots happened because that will be the difference between arrest and clearing.

Not necessarily. We have no police commissioner in potland. Only useless Ted Wheeler. And Danielle Outlaw, Chief of Police, is obviously neutered by ol' Teddy considering I've heard not word one about the obvious favoritism shown to the rabid far left wing groups rioting in potland's Downtown. The police could have very well been told to drop this case, and there's no one daring to go to the media about it. (Not that the media would report it?)

Report what, Comrade?

This has been a very discouraging month RE: the state of the press in our nation.:oops:

You talkin' to ME?

I'd expect, after what I've seen, that there are dishonest shenanigans going on in the mayors office. Including the City Council members. I would like to see someone come forward and lay it out to the media. It's extremely hard to stomach the obvious favoritism the leaders of this city show to a far left group while demonizing a right leaning group.

And YES, state of the press is discouraging and depressing in our nation currently. That's the reason I watch very, very little from either faction. A buncha' damned clowns they are. No offence Bobo. You are one of the good ones.

Last Edited:
Did the "Flat Antifa" dude get run over as the driver was trying to escape from the shooter?
Or was it intentional?
Possibilities:
Driver says he was fleeing gunshots and hit a guy he 'did not see'.
Shooter says driver was aiming for Kealiher so he shot in an attempt to stop it.

No front end damage on the vehicle - a drunken Kealiher stumbles, falls and is not seen by the driver and unintentionally run over as opposed to being hit while the driver is fleeing the shots?

Regardless I cannot even imagine shooting at vehicle you think is being used to intentionally hit a person would be legal.

Last Edited:
Or was it intentional?
Possibilities:
Driver says he was fleeing gunshots and hit a guy he 'did not see'.
Shooter says driver was aiming for Kealiher so he shot in an attempt to stop it.

No front end damage on the vehicle - a drunken Kealiher stumbles, falls and is not seen by the driver and unintentionally run over as opposed to being hit while the driver is fleeing the shots?

Regardless I cannot even imagine shooting at vehicle you think is being used to intentionally hit a person would be legal.
I think the lack of damage to the car is a huge sign that the story doesnt add up.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top