JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How many did you get to hit the "pause" button on before the cops showed up?
Just one - sorta. He took the butt-end of a rifle to the beak and went down the stairs mostly on his back while his companion did a 360 and back out the front door as soon as he saw the working end of the same rifle.

Cops never sent anyone, only took a statement over the phone. This was in 1999 San Jose. I'm sure they don't even answer the phone these days.

Bouchard, according to WXYZ, recommended residents have a backup means of communication that doesn't require Wi-Fi, and to call law enforcement if Wi-Fi is disabled and they cannot determine the cause.
Yeah - NO! :s0154:

BAD IDEA! :rolleyes::s0123:

911 will be getting thousands of calls when little old ladies don't understand why their WiFi isn't working today because of some glitch. E.G. - my WiFi disconnected my laptop this morning for a few minutes. That kind of tech is simply not that reliable so as to assume that the reason it went offline is because it is being jammed by burglars.

I don't think your local LEOs will be sending out a patrol car to check on why your WiFi suddenly doesn't work. Call them too many times and you will get a nuisance citation.

Oh Man I forgot to ask anyone. I have some of my rounds in the garage. Its an enclosed 2 car garage moist free. I have it in a box, and the outside box is cushioned with packing materials all the way around. On a winter time it can go down to 58 degrees inside the garage. Do you guys think it should be okay?

Oh Man I forgot to ask anyone. I have some of my rounds in the garage. Its an enclosed 2 car garage moist free. I have it in a box, and the outside box is cushioned with packing materials all the way around. On a winter time it can go down to 58 degrees inside the garage. Do you guys think it should be okay?
Your ammo will be fine if you stick a desiccant package (or two) in the box with them. I'm assuming the ammo is in an ammo box, yes?

I think your garage may have a higher relative humidity than you think it does, living where you do. I'm on the east side of the Cascades, and it's a rare day when the RH here gets above 40% (cuz it rains so little here). But it's been raining here for 3 days straight, and the outdoor RH is 80% right now, but I store my ammo indoors, where it's currently 41%...

Your ammo will be fine if you stick a desiccant package (or two) in the box with them. I'm assuming the ammo is in an ammo box, yes?

I think your garage may have a higher relative humidity than you think it does, living where you do. I'm on the east side of the Cascades, and it's a rare day when the RH here gets above 40% (cuz it rains so little here). But it's been raining here for 3 days straight, and the outdoor RH is 80% right now, but I store my ammo indoors, where it's currently 41%...
I stored all of them like this. I have to open 3 boxes before I get to the ammo and its cushioned like what you see in the picture. If you think its 50/50??
Then I'll just put them all inside and I'll just buy some ammo boxes. Thanks...

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

Agree with this ^ 100%

I store ammo in my garage as well, but my garage is a gym, office and reloading center. Meaning the door from the house to the garage is open all the time if we're home. In summertime A/C keeps it comfortable (tolerable). Non-summertime it can get cool, but I regularly run a heat dish this time of year to keep as near 68 as I can. I don't like being cold nor hot….

So far ammo doesn't seem to have suffered any quality issues and I've got ammo I loaded back in the 1990's that's been archived for when the SHTF.

Agree with this ^ 100%

I store ammo in my garage as well, but my garage is a gym, office and reloading center. Meaning the door from the house to the garage is open all the time if we're home. In summertime A/C keeps it comfortable (tolerable). Non-summertime it can get cool, but I regularly run a heat dish this time of year to keep as near 68 as I can. I don't like being cold nor hot….

So far ammo doesn't seem to have suffered any quality issues and I've got ammo I loaded back in the 1990's that's been archived for when the SHTF.
You should buy ammo cans from Harbor Freight and buy some rechargable descant contrainers.

That cardboard and paper is just about guaranteed to soak up humidity
Agree with this ^ 100%

Beautiful! I think I got hat squared for now. And Thank you!

You should buy ammo cans from Harbor Freight and buy some rechargable descant contrainers.

I'll tell you why I didn't buy an ammo case. I told my wife I only have 1 hand gun and a shot gun. Well that was in 2020. After 3 years its a different story. Although she haven't asked or probably wont say anything. I wont be able to lie to her if she ask me again nor she's not gonna believe if she finds out the stash of ammo's at the house. :s0096:
"Make Way For The BiG Guy!" .... 1702334853564.jpeg

Last Edited:
Educate family and friends not only on being able to fortify their homes for their own safety. But talk with them about what has transpired since January 20, 2021 (when the big guy took over) and the impact that has on our cities, states and country. Enlighten then unenlightened.
Me, trying to talk about security with my family.

IMG_0535.jpeg

"Backup communication device…"
Wi-Fi free….

Propellant powered projectiles….
K9 family members…probably #1….
Solid entry doors and locks….
Battery backup audible alarms (entry)…

All these should state the same thing…..LEAVE

I'll tell you why I didn't buy an ammo case. I told my wife I only have 1 hand gun and a shot gun. Well that was in 2020. After 3 years its a different story. Although she haven't asked or probably wont say anything. I wont be able to lie to her if she ask me again nor she's not gonna believe if she finds out the stash of ammo's at the house. :s0096:
Welp, Friend, the more guns and ammo you try to hide from her, the sooner you're gonna hafta come clean with her about it. Wives can smell when their man is hidin' guns. They have a nose for this sorta thing, yunno. :s0140:

Might as well get it over with now and free yourself from all the angst. Who knows, she may wanna go shootin' with ya, or help with the family preps... :s0092:

Last Edited:
Welp, Friend, the more guns and ammo you try to hide from her, the sooner you're gonna hafta come clean with her about it. Them wives can smell a man hidin' guns. They have a nose for this sorta thing, yunno. :s0140: Might as well get it over with now... :s0092:
Very well understood! Eventually I really have to tell her all the locations and everything. I actually have a key ready for her for a just in case situation. I don't know if I mentioned before when I was storing the guns as close as I can to the finish line. I also figured out that when the time comes and she wants to make me say things that I use to say.. I'm gonna play this song first. and just for her... 😻

goodfellas-kill.gif

This is a downside to using wireless home security systems. Since they are wireless the signals must be sent over a radio frequency and due to FCC rules these frequencies are publicly available. Roughly 30 seconds of Googling turned up information that DMP systems use 900mhz, Honeywell is usually around 345mhz, Ring is 908mhz - 915mhz, etc. All I need to do is obtain a device that jams at that frequency and I can take down a system with literally the click of a button. That is why wired systems are superior - albeit more expensive because of the cost to pull cable. SimpliSafe took a big hit years back when it went viral about how easy it was to attack the system (SimpliSafe has since made some changes but all wireless systems are still suspectable to this attack method).

The system in my home is blended so while I do have primarily wireless, I have a few sensors that are hard wired so I have a second layer of protection incase my home was attacked by someone capable enough to take down my wireless systems. It really isn't that expensive to have an additional motion sensor or two hard wired, where it gets pricey is when you have dozens of devices (think large homes or commercials locations) which are hard wired.

Last Edited:
Welp, Friend, the more guns and ammo you try to hide from her, the sooner you're gonna hafta come clean with her about it. Wives can smell when their man is hidin' guns. They have a nose for this sorta thing, yunno. :s0140:

Might as well get it over with now and free yourself from all the angst. Who knows, she may wanna go shootin' with ya, or help with the family preps... :s0092:
but a safe, it'll keep your inventory secured and with the door closed and the lights out, they tend to
Multiply…

:s0140:

Or at least they did in my safe, started out with a few long guns and a handful of handguns, no there literally no room to add another gun, not one. They're hanging on the door, hanging from the shelves, standing up in the shelves…. I have to leave the light on now so they'll stop multiplying….

Very well understood! Eventually I really have to tell her all the locations and everything. I actually have a key ready for her for a just in case situation. I don't know if I mentioned before when I was storing the guns as close as I can to the finish line. I also figured out that when the time comes and she wants to make me say things that I use to say.. I'm gonna play this song first. and just for her... 😻

View attachment 1780015

Wrong song.

Silent running
Mike and the Mechanics
silent-running-95.png

I have a friend who was the near victim of a home invasion. He and his family survived the incursion due to the large family dog that greeted the perps on the front porch. The dog gave enough of a warning that he was able to mount an effective defense in the home interior. Two of the perps went to the hospital that night.

Now, after looking back on that incident, he has installed a second entry type door in the hallway leading to the bedrooms of the home. His thinking is that you are most vulnerable while you are sleeping and that having that second barrier to breach will give him more time to arm up and repel boarders.

I plan to include this feature in my next home.

-E-

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads