JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same thoughts I'm thinking... a delaying tactic to buy a little time to kit up. Was planning on putting these on my front door to beef up the stock lockset...

And adding one of these to the front door, as well as one to the door from the laundry room to the garage. That's the door I would never hear being jimmied...

Totally agree...
Those coupled with long enough screws to get into the underlying framing will go a long way to fortify the doors. Add security film to the windows and you've bought yourself enough time to be able to take up a defensive position, or at least get the fam to your safe room.

Those coupled with long enough screws to get into the underlying framing will go a long way to fortify the doors. Add security film to the windows and you've bought yourself enough time to be able to take up a defensive position, or at least get the fam to your safe room.
Is security film like a special film besides tint? Our house is 90% tinted beside our bonus room upstairs. Will that work or do I need to take off and replace everything?

Yeah well, I don't live in a nice house, so...
I only live in a high tax-level house. Kinda rural, long driveway, and we have the barkiest of all dogs, so we're pretty good. Car jacking? I drive a clapped out '84 Cadillac Cimmaron, which causes true gangstas to begin vomiting. I use that distraction to floor the gas pedal and make a gradual exhaust-fumed getaway, keeping an eye on the wretching thugs in my formerly auto-dimming rear view mirror.

okay. Thank you for letting us know.
Man my head is really spinning. I thought I had my life all squared out. Since when that guy came in...... This country just turned upside down.:s0087:
Educate family and friends not only on being able to fortify their homes for their own safety. But talk with them about what has transpired since January 20, 2021 (when the big guy took over) and the impact that has on our cities, states and country. Enlighten then unenlightened.

Steel security screen doors and dogs will hopefully slow the gremlins long enough for me to arrange a proper reception for them.

If you prepare your place sufficiently enough to slow down a no knock SWAT Breeching than you will probably have time to grab your rifle and prepare a proper greeting for a Chilean Gang of home invaders.

If your sleeping area was inside a safe room that might buy you some time.

Double entrances with the ability see through and shoot through the second entrance might help as well. Imagine an intruder breaks in through the entrance door only to find a locked gate as the second entrance. If the Homeowner begins firing at the intruder from a covered position. It will make for a tough time breaking through the locked gate. This is opposite of how nearly every home is set up as the gate is usually on the outside of entrance door. Personally I think Homeowner should be in the clear to fire at anybody trying to break through front door but some jurisdictions frown on that.

Accordian gates at sliding glass doors and windows would be nice.

1702293052931.png

Last Edited:
Educate family and friends not only on being able to fortify their homes for their own safety. But talk with them about what has transpired since January 20, 2021 (when the big guy took over) and the impact that has on our cities, states and country. Enlighten then unenlightened.
If you prepare your place sufficiently enough to slow down a no knock SWAT Breeching than you will probably have time to grab your rifle and prepare a proper greeting for a Chilean Gang of home invaders.

If your sleeping area was inside a safe room that might buy you some time.

Double entrances with the ability see through and shoot through the second entrance might help as well. Imagine an intruder breaks in through the entrance door only to find a locked gate as the second entrance. If the Homeowner begins firing at the intruder from a covered position. It will make for a tough time breaking through the locked gate. This is opposite of how nearly every home is set up as the gate is usually on the outside of entrance door. Personally I think Homeowner should be in the clear to fire at anybody trying to break through front door but some jurisdictions frown on that.

Accordian gates at sliding glass doors and windows would be nice.

View attachment 1779718
40 years ago that's exactly where I came from.. Communism. All I had was 20 dollars in my pocket. And some people today doesn't even know what they're getting into. If I can just share what I know, maybe for a change. I've seen this 40 years ago. People get shot after 10 pm with no accountability. People get ran over by military and they're only worth $5,000 to their families. There will only be Rich & Poor with No Middle Class. People will then realize what they had in the palm of their hand. I could go on and on that will make your spine chill. That accordian door slide in the picture took me right back since when I was a child. They went full blown Marxist & trying to take over. This is my home now and I took an oath that I will respect, abide, and live the American way of life. Its what I can do for my country to help better peoples lives and mine too shall be rewarded. This country is built for people that wants to make the difference in their lives. Its the people that care and small business that made it to #1. They have to be stopped or we lose this country! This is not about political parties. Its all about our freedom and our family's future too.

Same thoughts I'm thinking... a delaying tactic to buy a little time to kit up. Was planning on putting these on my front door to beef up the stock lockset...

And adding one of these to the front door, as well as one to the door from the laundry room to the garage. That's the door I would never hear being jimmied...

Totally agree...
Those will help, but the real weak point is the door jamb. There's not much wood there that needs to be broken to get in. Reinforcing plates there and screws that are long enough to reach the home's framing, not just into the jamb, are a better bang for your buck.

Totally agree...
Hardening the most common entry points is definitely the biggest bang for the buck on effectiveness. Doors are easily kicked in. Windows are easily smashed. If you harden both of those, they have to put in more effort to get in.

I saw this advertised. It doesn't rely on the strength of the door frame, which can often be very pathetic, but it does add another thing to do at night those who want convenience.

One of the better writers in the gun magazines was Massad Ayob. He often covered tactics and training for when your home is invaded. Way back then the phone was a key element in your tool bag but now they jam the phones if they are coming for you property.

Movie out on Hulu called Shrapnel that has the cartels using jammers to isolate a guys house before they attack him. Looks like art is copying real life now.

I also need get a magnetic mobile antenna and mount for my CB radio. I should order that today. I'm not sure if I shold get a wilson, k40 or ??? More likely its going to the prius.

In the past the drill was having your gear ready and your phone to call the police and wait out the bad guys in a defendable spot. Now that the bad guys are using jammer it means the police are not coming.

I wonder if the jammer jams satellite phones?

If I may, I can share something. I began to realize that I don't have enough lot to accommodate my plans of digging a bunker. But, my house is slightly elevated. Not a stilt house, but I have a 3 feet clearance below which are common in Oregon. I'm think what I can put there besides a cast iron tub. I can dig something there for sure connecting from our outside patio as an entrance and another car driveway. If I put a modular house on open lot right side driveway (facing the back side of our house), I can have a total of 4 car enclosed garage and I can connect that as an emergency going underneath the house. This is my enclosed patio and straight up are the extra 2 car parking all inside our property. On the right side is an enclosed 2 car garage.
It that makes sense.
Makes sense, however doesn't matter. As it isn't in place.

If you are realistically going to do such? Sure...

Those will help, but the real weak point is the door jamb. There's not much wood there that needs to be broken to get in. Reinforcing plates there and screws that are long enough to reach the home's framing, not just into the jamb, are a better bang for your buck.
Right. That's why I provided this link in my original message you quoted:

This ☝️is the door jamb reinforcement piece. The three pieces together (door jamb reinforcement, strike plate reinforcement, and door blocker) would be quite a bit to get through, assuming some 3-inch or 4-inch screws were used on the first two items to anchor into the studs and not just the thin wood of the jamb. Something else I'm looking for are the 12-inch-long hinges with a 9-bolt pattern. Something to be said for having 3 feet worth of hinges to bust through on a 6½-foot tall door. Ain't no dobad expecting something like that...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads