JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
News
Shooting Instructor Dies After Gun Range Accident
9-Year-Old Girl Fires Uzi At Indoor Range In Dolan Springs, Arizona August 26, 2014 10:15 AM

( Las Vegas, NV ) – An instructor at a northwestern Arizona shooting range has died after a 9-year-old girl accidentally fired an uzi at him.

The shooting took place Monday morning in Dolan Springs, a small town about an hour's drive toward Kingman off US Highway 93.

The Mohave County Sheriff's office says it happened at an indoor shooting range.

A fire spokesman says investigators think the unidentified 39-year-old man was showing the girl how to use the gun when she pulled the trigger

Unconfirmed reports say the man was shot at least twice in the head.

He was flown by helicopter to University Medical Center in Las Vegas where he died last night.

asvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/08/26/shooting-instructor-dies-after-gun-range-accident/

Sounds like the 9 year old was unable to control the muzzle rise during full auto fire. Sad turn of events but one that should have never happened. The guy put a lot of faith (and his life) in the hands of a inexperienced 9 year old. You can do that a few times but eventually complacency will catch up to you.

Im all for ones kids to learn about firearms and shoot as well but..
There is a right and wrong age for kids to shoot certain firearms.
Clearly, she could not handle it and Im quite sure she hadn't had prior experience.

What ever the case, its a shame.

It is a good idea to start out on single shots, bolt action, lever actions THEN move to semi auto and then on to Full Auto.

I wonder what kind of experience the 9 year old had with firearms? If she had a lot of experience (at 9?) that is one thing. If she had little to none, starting off with a FA uzi is downright abusive and insane. She could have accidentally killed more people.

Sad.

It was at a place called "Bullets and Burgers" which is a tourist attraction where you can pick from a range of weapons from a Browning M2 .50 BMG down to a UZI mini. The girl was with here family vacationing from New Jersey and had fired the UZI in semi auto a hand full of times prior to the incident.

Last Edited:
"Ok honey, your turn!" "You can shoot the bolt action .22 and if you do it properly you can shoot the 10-22!" "We'll teach you to spray bullets next week!":(

It really is. It sounds like it would be a fun place to spend an afternoon. I suspect that the "instructor " has dozens if not hundreds of inexperienced folks come through a week and with little more than a quick talking too puts a pretty serious weapon in their hands. For an adult its probably manageable but at 9 years old I doubt the little girl understood the gravity of the situation. Im sure she does now. She will be scared for life because some guy made a bad call (course it cost him his life)

my uncle was in Europe, a combat engineer, one day they got to shoot STENs. The man standing to my uncle's right lost control of his STEN, turned right and mowed down the GI next to him
play stupid games....

If you hand (very carefully yadda) even a semi auto to a newbie, it should only be loaded with one round and you should be in a position to pounce/control the weapon with your hands. too bad but lesson learned

I blame the parents and instructor. This is what happens when people live in liberal wanna be gun free states like NJ. Probably overzealous when they get a little breath of freedom and liberty.
Either way parents shouldn't have let their little girl just got at it with FA firearms and the instructor should have had more brains and control of the situation. Accidents are accidents, and stupidity is stupidity.

article-2734769-20D596EF00000578-776_306x423.jpg

+11
Tragic: This screen grab shows the split second before the nine-year-old girl shoots Charles Vacca in the head. In the frame, the girl can clearly be seen to have lost her double handed grip on the Uzi as it recoils after firing. Her left hand is prized free as bullets fire (seen hitting behind the target circled in red). The gun is in her right hand and is clearly moving towards Vacca

Mohave County Sheriff officials have taken the

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-teacher-head-visit-range.html#ixzz3BYZHdRfF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads