JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i asked if they just sell bullets so I can tinker and see what I can come up with like maybe 4.8 to 5.0 grains of bullseye

even though ive never shot anything that light outta my 9mm so maybe start at 3.5 or so and work up

So while I was going about my day it occurred to me.

What if (Once again) this is all part of some sinister plot against the American gun owner?
Step 1 - The EPA raped the last remaining lead (Foundry?) processing plant in America out of business this year.
Step 2 - Make a lead alternative that looks mean.
Step 3 - Make it look neat, but be absolutely ineffective against all forms of body armor or vehicles.
Step 4 - Oppress the people in 2 years when everybody has these neat looking rounds.

This is why I need to occupy myself with other stuff.... I start to get paranoid.

That "raped" foundry was a primary lead facility, ultra-pure stuff used in electronics. The bullet industry uses 100% secondary lead, meaning recycled sources. So look at you already supporting recycling. To name only a few: Sierra, Missourri bullet co, all ATK controlled facilities, don't care and have all commented that the closing has zero impact on their business or costs....

Headlines sell, and people love to "believe" in things.... That word always has a problem right in the middle of it unfortunately.

I love the look and the fact that they would make a great conversation piece at a barbeque, but these days I'll take 5-10 plain jane range FMJs over one fancy Nancy spinning copper whatchatmacallit.

These things probably go through Kevlar also. A T6 copper 5.7 round will go right though two Level III vests so these pointy copper edges? - who knows.

I'd like to see if the round remains intact when dropped on concrete from six feet. Not a good day if one of those little spears is rattling around lose in your magazine.
Good point. The structural integrity and hookyness could prove problematic.
The BAT (Gecko blitz action trauma) round was pretty awesome but didn't send shards everywhere.

I saw an unopened can of tuna "bleed out" when struck top to bottom, centered, with .44 special 180gr Silvertip.. glug glug. The next can was 9mm 115gr Silvertip,, nothing fancy. It rained bits over a half tennis court size area.. the can, what could be found of it, was just hole.. not whole at all. no glug glug. lolz

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top