JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sign me up for some of their slugs. Looks pretty evil for pistol. I can only imagine 12g.

My understanding is you want as much mass as possible placed on target so a lighter bullet seams counterproductive. Also from everything I have read about big game rounds is that you want a projectile that is solidly built and doesn't shed weight so that it imparts as much energy as possible as deeply into the vitals of the target. A bullet that comes apart so easily also seams counterproductive to stopping an assailant.

A typical 9mm hollow point is 124 gr so at 94 gr that is an approx reduction of 25%. Their 9mm round isn't much heavier than the largest .380 round. So in essence they have turned a 9mm into a faster .380. If the 25% reduction stays consistant through all pistol rounds that would reduce a 180gr .40 cal to 135gr which makes a heavy and fast 9mm and a 230gr .45 cal to 172.5gr which makes lighter than the heaviest .40 round. While a reduction of that magnitude may not matter in a 12g shotgun round that is a huge amount in a pistol round and would appear to defeat the purpose of carrying larger caliber guns with their heavier rounds. I'm sure most people's reaction would be if I wanted a smaller lighter bullet I would have bought a smaller gun that shots a smaller bullet. Now I could be wrong about this round and would like to see some independent testing before I make up my mind; but at this point I have to admit I'm sceptical about the point of this round.

I can see this being hell for surgeons if this design works as specified. It's definitely interesting but i won't be jumping on this till i have seen some real reviews and is tested in more real world scenarios.

The vid is a bunch of hype - right down to the "acoustic wave", the graphics and the growly voiceover. The whole thing about the "stabilization" is hilarious - there is no way the design of the projectile pictured stabilizes the projectile - it is solely due to rifling, the rifling making the projectile spin, not the design of the projectile - that in and of itself set off my super-hype/BS alarms.

Not saying it isn't interesting - the fragmentation looks impressive.

However, penetration is mostly dependent on retained mass - more mass being equivalent to more penetration. This projectile starts off light and loses mass as it penetrates. I personally could think of a number of ways they could add more mass and still keep the fragments, but then it wouldn't *look* as impressive.

Like others, I will wait and see some independent tests (including shots on game animals) results. In a shotgun slug with plenty of mass to spare - now that might be interesting. In a handgun - I am not particularly interested in light super fragmenting projectiles - this has been done before, and personally I prefer a projectile that retains its mass for better penetration to vital organs. If I want something that "cuts", then I will use the Black Talon I bought right before they stopped production (I heard of that shooting and immediately went out and bought some, rightly predicting that it would soon be off the market and the prices would skyrocket).

Very interesting, I know from reloading a wide variety of very light to very heavy 10mm auto that velocity will make up for the light bullet, they don't act the same and do damage in a different way but light bullets sent very fast are good to go, just not as deep penetration but devastating in damage......so I wouldn't at all discount it for being light, especially since its solid copper, defiantly wouldn't want to get hit with one
I think a shotgun offering makes the least since, like fragmenting slugs. Might as well use buck.....if you want one hole use Flight Control buck, slugs are for penetration

Their website states:

G2 Research R.I.P. 9mm
* 16" Penetration
* Up to 6" diameter spread
* 96 gr projectile
* 2" grouping at 25 yrds
* 1265 FPS / 490 Muzzle Energy
* 9 Separate Wound Channels
* Precision Machined
* Solid Copper / Lead Free
* Defeats all known barriers such as sheet metal, sheet rock, windshields, plywood, heavy winter clothing

So I guess these are better than the 50gr HALO rounds that only penetrate 10".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top