JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wonder if anyone has a clue what my Remington nylon 66 is worth today?

I bought it new in the mid 70's, fired it some (500 rounds total?) and put it away in a hall closet. I'd rate it a 9 with just some normal shelf wear to bluing here and there, but nice. It hasn't been carried or fired since the 70's. I bought it because I was traveling and some friends I was visiting wanted to go shoot digger squirrels. I went to a hardware store and it seems like I paid under $100 for it then. Maybe $79?

It's the brown color, butt load tubular 14 shot if there were any differences.

Has anyone any idea what this gun is worth?

Thanks.

Edit: Pic added.

Carpwwcopy-1.jpg

Actually had one 25 years ago and then let my buddy's dad have it to try and put it back together (after a stupid tear-down on my part) where it was then lost in a house fire... :s0058:

Since it was my FIRST firearm (bought in the early 80's) I wish I still had it...

Althought there are folks who really like them...myself included...they are not high-dollar collectibles.I'd agree that 150.00 or so is the going value .I would pay that,maybe a tad more.

Thanks everyone. I had no clue.

I just sold a couple of other rather ordinary .22 rifles, bought a Del-Ton AR-15 and some reloading equipment for it (all on this site, thanks to this forum,) and was rearranging my guns when the question struck me.

I don't want to sell it, I was just curious. I'm going to give it a good cleaning today. On second look it's better than I said - almost mint.

I just lost one in a house fire and found them(depending on exact model) on gun broker for upto 450. At least that is the one i showed the insurance co. ;)..plus i found the brown ones are worth more.

I just lost one in a house fire and found them(depending on exact model) on gun broker for upto 450. At least that is the one i showed the insurance co. ;)..plus i found the brown ones are worth more.

Thanks for the input. I still wouldn't sell it. I've had it so long and it's in such good shape, and I don't know what I'd get to replace it since it's the only .22 rifle I have now.

BTW it's super accurate and VERY fast cycling. I've heard that this model is one of the fastest cycling auto loaders ever made. ??

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top