JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wonder if anyone has a clue what my Remington nylon 66 is worth today?

I bought it new in the mid 70's, fired it some (500 rounds total?) and put it away in a hall closet. I'd rate it a 9 with just some normal shelf wear to bluing here and there, but nice. It hasn't been carried or fired since the 70's. I bought it because I was traveling and some friends I was visiting wanted to go shoot digger squirrels. I went to a hardware store and it seems like I paid under $100 for it then. Maybe $79?

It's the brown color, butt load tubular 14 shot if there were any differences.

Has anyone any idea what this gun is worth?

Thanks.

Edit: Pic added.

Carpwwcopy-1.jpg

Actually had one 25 years ago and then let my buddy's dad have it to try and put it back together (after a stupid tear-down on my part) where it was then lost in a house fire... :s0058:

Since it was my FIRST firearm (bought in the early 80's) I wish I still had it...

Althought there are folks who really like them...myself included...they are not high-dollar collectibles.I'd agree that 150.00 or so is the going value .I would pay that,maybe a tad more.

Thanks everyone. I had no clue.

I just sold a couple of other rather ordinary .22 rifles, bought a Del-Ton AR-15 and some reloading equipment for it (all on this site, thanks to this forum,) and was rearranging my guns when the question struck me.

I don't want to sell it, I was just curious. I'm going to give it a good cleaning today. On second look it's better than I said - almost mint.

I just lost one in a house fire and found them(depending on exact model) on gun broker for upto 450. At least that is the one i showed the insurance co. ;)..plus i found the brown ones are worth more.

I just lost one in a house fire and found them(depending on exact model) on gun broker for upto 450. At least that is the one i showed the insurance co. ;)..plus i found the brown ones are worth more.

Thanks for the input. I still wouldn't sell it. I've had it so long and it's in such good shape, and I don't know what I'd get to replace it since it's the only .22 rifle I have now.

BTW it's super accurate and VERY fast cycling. I've heard that this model is one of the fastest cycling auto loaders ever made. ??

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top