JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Next meeting will be at the River Road Recreation Center, 1400 Lake Dr, Eugene around Jan 20, 7pm. Final date to be posted as soon as its decided.

Interested parties please chime in.

If there is any more information about this (a website?), I'd like to learn more about it. What are the goals? Is this educational in terms of methods, or are you suggesting that we communally store food? Or something else?

Group is just starting up. Mostly geared toward food storage and preservation for crisis preparation.

Current goals are bulk purchases of food-grade buckets, mylar storage bags, oxygen absorbers and learning local and mailorder economical sources of food for storage. Most attendees are untutored amateurs, but not all. The group could (!) cover a much wider range of topics and interests.

Depends on who shows up. I was there one meeting and already learned a lot of good stuff.

We've been getting somewhat prepared in our household - 48 hour emergency kits, vehicle kits etc. but nothing long term.
One thing we're trying to prepare for is earthquake and the possibility of bridges collapsing.
If that happens, being surrounded by rivers may be the biggest issue we face, as far as mobility, rendez-vous ing with family etc.

Are the meetings geared toward any particular type of situation?

I've been mail-ordering all of my <broken link removed> from <broken link removed> . It takes one day to reach me UPS ground.

It would be interesting to see what can be found locally, and how they are priced. I'll see if I can make the meeting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top