JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have a couple can racks that I finally put together. Any suggestions where to purchase canned food with value in mind? Best bang for your buck items as well. Sloppy joe, corn, tuna, soups, etc.

Is this a good deal? https://www.walmart.com/ip/4-Cans-G...459OKLYPP1t8f5oJ9GBqb73asSkXYkQYaAhUvEALw_wcB

Thanks,

D9A5AE70-F27F-4B78-A48C-DD55FBEEAB98.jpeg

Kroger/Fred Meyer/QFC recently had Progresso soups on sale for $1.25. It's been a long time since I have seen canned soup that cheap. I stocked up. I think that sale is over now. Thanks for the tip on the Campbell sale at Safeway. I don't usually shop there, so I wouldn't have seen it.

A lot of times Bi-Mart will have stacks of cases of canned goods in the middle of the store. Different stuff on different weeks. We'll get a case every now and then to keep our supplies up. But we aren't prepping, just keeping our stock up and replacing what we eat. That being said, we do keep the pantry in the kitchen well stocked, the closet that in most houses would be full of bath towels is full of canned goods and a small closet in the back bedroom/office is full of home canned stuff, though honestly that last closet is mostly empty jars right now. Add to that two freezers, one full of meat and the other full of left-overs for those quick "ding" dinners ready meals. We heat with wood and have 8 seasoned cords staged. When we lost power due to the snowmagedon for a couple weeks we keged up and did just fine. Not a prepper, just a boy scout.

Damn! I missed the progresso soup sale at Freddy's? I have been buying there or at QFC for a while now when that sale hit. 50+ cans of soup at a time.

I did find that Freddy's has buy 3, get 2 free on Progresso and they are 2.49ea at my local store. Breaks down to $1.49 each, basically. Not too bad considering our current situation. I do miss the $1/can sales though.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews