JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've read horror stories about AMZN selling damaged returned goods as new. This ripped-open box sure makes me wonder. I'm tempted to return it and buy the gun from a legitimate outlet like AirGun Depot. Any thoughts or similar AMZN experiences?

Does the gun look fine? I wouldn't worry about box damage.

Meanwhile, my experience with ArigunDepot aka PyramydAir hasn't been all that great. Who might very well be the Amazon seller used.

Returns for airguns on Amazon is hit-n-miss. There are many cases where they won't take back an airgun leaving you to deal with the manufacturer.

Give the gun a try, if it works fine, carry on...

I gotta ask, what did ya get?
LOL Umarex Fusion 2 CO2 Air Rifle. I spent countless hours researching air guns. It's a giant universe and every vendor, every shooter claims theirs is the best. Given where I live (in the burbs surrounded by liberals), I HAD to keep down the noise. Fusion 2 comes with a suppressor. YouTube videos show the gun to be very quiet. And the price was ok: $125 at AMZN/$150 at AirGun Depot. CO2 seems the simplest, with limited recoil. I don't mind recoil. I used shotguns for years. But for a tiny target like a squirrel's head, I need to minimize error.

LOL Umarex Fusion 2 CO2 Air Rifle. I spent countless hours researching air guns. It's a giant universe and every vendor, every shooter claims theirs is the best. Given where I live (in the burbs surrounded by liberals), I HAD to keep down the noise. Fusion 2 comes with a suppressor. YouTube videos show the gun to be very quiet. And the price was ok: $125 at AMZN/$150 at AirGun Depot. CO2 seems the simplest, with limited recoil. I don't mind recoil. I used shotguns for years. But for a tiny target like a squirrel's head, I need to minimize error.
I don't think I'd use any co2 gun on a squirrel.

Interesting comment. The gun's rated at 700 fps, which should work at close range. My leading concern is noise. Seems like top-end air guns shoot 1200 fps and above, which breaks the sound barrier. We'll see in practice. In the meantime, the squirrel population keeps growing.
You posted that as I typed.. it'll probably work then, especially with fresh cartridges.

Interesting comment. The gun's rated at 700 fps, which should work at close range. My leading concern is noise. Seems like top-end air guns shoot 1200 fps and above, which breaks the sound barrier. We'll see in practice. In the meantime, the squirrel population keeps growing.
If you dont have a chronograph, see if it will punch thru something like 1/4in plywood at the max distances youd shoot squirrels with. I reload ammo so I happen to have a chrono, I bought a break barrel advertized at 1100fps but all I get is around 725fps. Works for rodents yeah but disappointing to not get even close to what I thought I was getting.

I've read horror stories about AMZN selling damaged returned goods as new. This ripped-open box sure makes me wonder. I'm tempted to return it and buy the gun from a legitimate outlet like AirGun Depot. Any thoughts or similar AMZN experiences?
Talk to a person via calling and you will get great service. If you can't do that then chat but chat is less reliable. Usually they go over the top to make it right if you call. I've had them say keep it and we will send another one a few times over the years.

Re. the packaging issue, why not give the gun a try and see if it satisfies? If not, return it. As already stated above, their return policy is such that you can do this.

Amazon has a separate site that sells "less than new in box" stuff at moderate discount. Mostly this merchandise consists of items above a certain dollar value that are deemed worthy of recovery. The amount of lesser value stuff that Amazon sells in bulk for next to nothing is remarkable.

Here's the special magic number for Amazon Direct Services, which gives you a real person:
1-888-280-4331. Its handy if the situation doesn't fit their ordinary complaint categories. Returning an item with out knowing whether it was damaged because the box was opened might be such a situation. I called to report that I was getting other peoples stuff delivered to my home. No category for that in the delivery complaint section. Took quite a while to reach a real person, who gave me the magic number if I had any other problems.

Here's the special magic number for Amazon Direct Services, which gives you a real person:
1-888-280-4331. Its handy if the situation doesn't fit their ordinary complaint categories. Returning an item with out knowing whether it was damaged because the box was opened might be such a situation. I called to report that I was getting other peoples stuff delivered to my home. No category for that in the delivery complaint section. Took quite a while to reach a real person, who gave me the magic number if I had any other problems.

I don't think I'd use any co2 gun on a squirrel.
I've had terrible luck with CO2 guns- they all LEAK and drain the cartridges. A pump or spring-cock gun doesn't. The semi-auto function is great, but that leaky CO2 just doesnt cut it with me. Also CO2 is much less powerful (depending on model I suppose but IME)..

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads