Newspaper Releasing Names and Addresses of CHL Holders in New York

Discussion in 'Legal & Political' started by Uberdillo, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Uberdillo

Uberdillo Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

20   0   0
    Map: Where are the gun permits in your neighborhood?

Newspaper maps out CHL holders on interactive google map with names and addresses in Westchester and Rockland counties with word that more will follow.

Honestly I don't really get it. I'm glad that my sheriff isn't interested in giving that information away. I guess if an employer that was already a prick would find any information about their employee useful to harass them, but otherwise it seems inconsequential. Is this anything other than an immature "I gotcha" aimed at gun-owners by the newspaper? Looking at some areas there's a lot of places where there are multiple CHL holders per block and I wonder how that compares to somewhere like Sellwood or Aloha.
  2. novamind

novamind Active Member

1   0   0
    I believen this info. is protected in Oregon.? Anyone.
  3. chase

chase Active Member

16   0   0
    Yea, its protected in Oregon. The sheriff departement sent out a vote and the people spoke. Its protected for now.
  4. jjackffrost

jjackffrost Active Member

4   0   0
    House Bill 4045 prohibit public agencies from disclosing the names or other private information of concealed weapons license holders in most cases.

A state appellate court decision in 2010 made information on concealed carry applications public record. Sheriffs, however, have refused to disclose the information, saying it's none of the public's business
  5. jjackffrost

4   0   0
    But it would be nice if the crooks could get a list of who had guns so they would know where to steal one if they need it. like in New York
  6. jjackffrost

4   0   0
    All these guys wanted to print CCH names and addresses in the news paper and tag your house like you where a sex Offender so they voted no

G. Burdick, D Portland
    J. Dingfelder D Portland
    R. Monroe D Portland
    D. Rosenbaum D Portland
    C. Shields D Portland
  7. Trailboss

Trailboss Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

9   0   0
    Crooks, best you just skip the houses with the concealed weapons. The owners know how to use them. Now the other houses, the ones that are UN-ARMED, hmm....
  8. 4Freedom

4Freedom Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

8   0   0
    This is the list of the houses you do not want to rob.. Who cares about printing the addresses? Heck, where I live, I think it would be harder to find somebody who doesn't own a gun than somebody who has one (or many more).

Another thing that shocked me about the CHP maps was just how many people next to New York City have concealed weapon permits.. WOW!! I Mean, it is like at least one or two on each block. Yeah, I know that isn't so impressive if you live in a place like Montana, but considering how places like Yonkers and New Rochelle, NY are so close to the liberal mecca of NYC, I am shocked how many people have gun permits there. It appears eve many people in uber-liberal New York, just right outside of Bloomberg's sovereign nation-state, are licensed to carry a firearm. That actually is good news!
  9. PBinWA

PBinWA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

27   0   0
    That's because in the liberal's mind it is OK for them to have guns and concealed permits but it is not OK for anyone else. Kind of like their view on taxes and many other of their hypocritical perspectives.
  10. bolus

bolus Active Member

0   0   0
    Crimes rates for CHL holders is extremely low if I remember the statistics so unless they are being identified for commendations it seems just to be a way to scare people into not getting them. Plus we really dont need to tell the criminals where to go to steal their guns.
  11. BillM

BillM Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

12   0   0
    Read the comments. wow. Not too long ago the editor of that
    paper would be headed out of town on a rail, with a nice suit
    of tar and feathers. Hmmmm----wonder how that would work
    on other media types and politicians?
  12. trainsktg

trainsktg Well-Known Member

56   0   0
  13. oknow

oknow Well-Known Member

8   0   0
    I wonder how far a list of non gun owners would get if it was published in a paper or on line. kind of like the I am a gun owner but my neighbor is gun free and I promise not to get involved in his affairs
  14. Trailboss

Trailboss Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

9   0   0
    I wish they would publish my name and address and let the crooks know that in addition to a loaded handgun on my night stand and a police riot shotgun in the corner, I have a pair of guard dogs that are just waiting for a chance to eat a burgler.
    Squidly, Benny503, Nanavic97 and 3 others like this.
  15. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Well-Known Member

22   0   0
    papers have tried this in the past, and it fails every time. the people in the paper that have been listed need to post all the news paper employees personal info online, like home address, car, route to work, etc. They will pull that info out of their paper quickly.
  16. wombat

wombat Member

10   0   0
    ... freedumb of the press.
  17. TheHumungus

TheHumungus Active Member

4   0   0
    Look at it this way, now bad guys KNOW which houses are unarmed. Bad guys don't like to work hard, so they will avoid folks who defend themselves.
    Benny503 and (deleted user) like this.
  18. titsonritz

titsonritz Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

20   0   0
    ...or the ones to surveil and target to obtain firearms for their dirty deeds. I would be absolutely furious at the pukes that pulled this BS if my home was a dot on a map. Scumbags!!!
    Nwcid and (deleted user) like this.
  19. OEDub

OEDub Active Member

2   0   0
    I'm totally against publishing this info, however, if Oregon was to create an "ownership" or "CCW Map" I would definitely be referring to it in order to live in a safe neighborhood the next time I moved...not to mention having something in common with the guy next door :)
  20. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

3   0   0
    Doesn't this come under invasion of privacy?:paranoid:

If it doesn't I would go along with publishing the address and phone numbers
    of all of the managing staff. Maybe their phones wouldn't stop ringing.:bluelaugh::bluelaugh::thumbup:

Jack...:cool: