New Shooting Facility being planned for the Portland westside?

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by dobeman, Feb 18, 2010.

1. dobeman

dobeman Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

35   0   0
    I saw Michael Knoetig at one of the recent Portland area gun shows. He mentioned that a new Shooting Range facility is being planned for the Portland westside area - out Hwy 26 somewhere. He expects there to be a grand opening announcement in March to start taking the first memberships. Anyone else hear of this? Know any more status? It will be nice to truly have a shooting range within reasonable driving distance out this way.
  2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Well-Known Member

30   0   1
    Could this be the same facility that was recently built out west for LE? I had heard that there was a first class facility that was already in use by LE in the area, but would eventually be opening up to the public.
  3. dobeman

dobeman Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

35   0   0
    Maybe. It was described to me as a speculative venture and the would have to have a pretty good opening membership drive to justify it.
  4. watcher

watcher Member

0   0   0
    The westside LE range is already in use, it has been so for about a year. The plan to open it to the public has stalled over liability concerns from the County.

It is a potentially great facility.