JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My favorite is my original Remington UMC Model 51 .380, which is the beautiful piece of artisan gunsmithing the disastrous newer Remington R51 9mm was based on. About a century old, beautiful, and incredibly ergonomic, it still shoots like a dream. Sometimes modern production methods just can't do what 100 percent expert hand fitting can.
7B973BFD-01F7-48BA-9B70-3765400BC9D8.jpeg FCEDCC7A-AD02-40FA-8A1F-618C8255C843.jpeg

Probably my Remington Tac 13
It would have been called a sawed off shotgun a few years back but now its a firearm.
Also a helluva lot of fun to shoot.

Cz 75pre b. Gun itself isn't weird but it has a manufacture date of 1989 marked Czechoslovakia, but takes the "B" style mags. And does don't have an import marking, would love to know how it got into the country 7D2BFECE-C933-4F4F-8240-9403840B025A.jpeg CF43E412-3E50-4BD3-9022-3B9E829962BE.jpeg

Anschütz .22 Magnum target rifle with set triggers.

Anschutz_DSC02260.jpg

Bought it used when I was 12 from (where else?) The Gun Store in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Since then I have tried to learn about its provenance (on this forum, too!) Anschütz didn't keep good records, when they kept them at all, before Savage bought them. Markings are unlike any in the collector catalogs. For example, it's stamped 1416-D with (1516-D) next to it in parenthesis. Has some other typical markings but not in the usual places. I sold it to a friend to pay for college books, with the deal being he would sell it back to me if he ever decided to sell it. 20 years later my friend needed money and sold it back to me, none the worse for wear. It will go to my son someday. I doubt he will ever sell it. He still has a crappy .22 LR rifle his grandmother bought for him and he refuses to part with it.

Last Edited:
Another favorite of mine is my Ortgies .32 ACP produced by Deutsche Werke. Production was around 1919-1920. Still looks and shoots great. They're easily convertible to .380 by merely swapping the barrel, but I can't locate one for it. Hard to come by. Amazing ergonomics.
F4B0E0F9-BAF5-4545-BC21-FA664AAF1728.jpeg

Last Edited:
Unusual a single shot pen gun that fired a 38 special tear gas cartridge, spring driven firing pin pulled back and pushed to the side. pushed into a center track to fire. no shells any more.
Second firearm is an unfired 1903 A3-A4 Sniper Springfield. One of the last 1000 of 500,000 A4 produced. Has the one piece Redfield Jr Scope Base, but never had a scope mounted to it either.
Rare Remington 600 in 35 Remington. Very few were manufactured in this caliber in excellent condition.

71CE40C7-3B3E-4992-8837-25B6FD5846FF.jpeg The most unusual pistol I have is a 1856 Manhattan Arms Boot pistol. Its a .36 caliber with a 5" barrel. It is serial #86 of only 500 made. Picked it up from a storage unit auction. After careful examination for proper function I can excitedly say it shoots pretty accurately to 100'.

Most unusual is probably a 1917 Enfield in .30-06 that has been sporterized. It was given to me by a friend. I also have my father's 1949 vintage Winchester model 94 in .32 Winchester Special. Not really that special except that most were chambered in 30-30. I used to have a German made semi auto pistol that shot mace pellets. It was not a real gun, and I sold it to buy a real gun.

I am not sure how unusual it is but it is my favorite! Very hard to find now, they used to cost around 30 bucks :eek:! Iver Johnson Viking model 67-S .22 cal top break with vintage holster!

001.JPG

Anschütz .22 Magnum target rifle with set triggers. Bought it used when I was 12 from (where else?) The Gun Store in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Since then I have tried to learn about its provenance (on this forum, too!) Anschütz didn't keep good records, when they kept them at all, before Savage bought them. Markings are unlike any in the collector catalogs. For example, it's stamped 1416-D with (1516-D) next to it in parenthesis. Has some other typical markings but not in the usual places. I sold it to a friend to pay for college books, with the deal being he would sell it back to me if he ever decided to sell it. 20 years later my friend needed money and sold it back to me, none the worse for wear. It will go to my son someday. I doubt he will ever sell it. He still has a crappy .22 LR rifle his grandmother bought for him and he refuses to part with it.
:s0122:

Interesting stuff here I guess the most unusual firearm I have in my collection is a Savage MKII FVT that I highly modified a Boyds Tacticool stock for its without a doubt the only one like it Period.

9zWCLdI.jpg

Lek4Iaj.jpg

KAR98?

Not WW1.

The Karabiner 98 kurz is a bolt-action rifle chambered for the 7.92×57mm Mauser cartridge that was adopted on 21 June 1935 as the standard service rifle by the German Wehrmacht.

The WW1 Mauser was the Gew98.

KAR = karabiner =carbine/short rifle.

Gewehr = rifle.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR