JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not really up on what is the latest in the world of scatterguns. Our present line up is older technology: pump-actions and SxSs.

Anyone know of a current offering that:

• Is semi-automatic.
  • Feeds from a detachable box magazine of at least five (5) cartridges. More is better, of course, but five is fine.
  • Said magazines are not crazy expensive and/or unobtanium.
  • Is available in 20 or 12-gauge (2¾").
  • Is of good manufacture; not some off-brand clunker.
  • If it is Title I or NFA doesn't matter, though depending on the configuration, I might be converted to an SBS after all the paperwork is approved.
Thanks much. :)

Mag fed shotguns are fun toys, not defensive weapons IMO.

Get a Benelli m4, side saddle, few belt mounted shell holders, and lots of training and practice.

Saiga 12. An AK47 Russian made 12 and 20 gage shotgun. Detachable box mags. 20 rd. drums. Also consider the "any other firearm" Trench 12 made by Atlantic Firearms. Non NFA. 12 inch barrel. Box mags. Drums. Another AK. Has a rear arm brace and not a butt stock. Lots of accessories and upgraded parts available available for both.

Trench 12.

Atlantic Firearms

Thanks all for the replies.

MKA 1919 looks very interesting, but I know nothing about them, so will have to do some research. They do appear to hit all the main data points though.

What is the current status of the Saigas? I vaguely recall importation was halted by the past administration, so was concerned about parts, magazines, etc., availability. But if that isn't a concern, those look quite viable.

Parenthetically, I still see papered USAS-12 from time to time, but a quick search indicates prices have gotten a little gonzo. I can't think of any compelling reason to look at them if there are currently produced options.

I should have mentioned it in the OP; I have no interest in anything (scattergun or otherwise) with an arm brace.

Thanks again. :)

I still prefer a solid 870 with an extended tube and wood stock.

I see people double tapping too often with a simi-auto to want one and honestly I can work a good slide as fast as I can acquire a new target so I'm sticking with old faithful. (Not to mention ammo type changes are easier)

The 500's and 870's came out with box mags so if capacity is the issue then that might solve your search.:rolleyes:

930 SPX for semi-auto

Still would take a 590 in a heartbeat.

Those 930's always make me want one, damn nice design. The biggest problem I see with the mag fed in the, well mags. Shells are so big it ends up making the damn mags huge. Where as with the auto like the 930, you can keep feeding more rounds in as used. Watched some video of the one with a drum and it was impressive but they look more like something to mount on a vehicle they get so damn big :)

I have an 18" SLP and I can fire 3 rounds and see all 3 shell cases in the air. I am not that great at unloading all 7 rounds but three rounds I can do quite nicely. After three rounds the barrel rises a bit so need to concentrate and keep my shots on target.

I have 6 round side-saddle and load from my side-saddle too when I practice.

Biggest issue is shells deforming due to the pressure.
Now that I had never heard before. Is this a problem with all of them? Other than watching some videos that made them look fun never actually have shot one of these. The size of the mags always made me think for me the old standard tube feed looked better. Does kind of make sense. Plastic is of course not going to be as robust as brass.

Now that I had never heard before. Is this a problem with all of them? Other than watching some videos that made them look fun never actually have shot one of these. The size of the mags always made me think for me the old standard tube feed looked better. Does kind of make sense. Plastic is of course not going to be as robust as brass.

Have heard it a lot online, also owned a Saiga 12, and it was never as reliable as a good AR.

I've also been watching this one closely. Looks like a decent magazine fed shotgun. If AK varieties aren't your thing. Rock Island VR80

upload_2019-3-11_18-36-48.jpeg

Benelli M4, specifically the M1014. On my VERY short list of guns I WILL own.

BTW, box mags in shotguns suck, generally speaking. YT has lots of examples.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews