JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got this email from GOA today. I couldn't copy it well as some of the graphics and such messed up the letter. Possibly some of you may have received it as well. Just putting it out there.

I apologize for reaching out to you on a Sunday, but we've got an emergency on our hands – with less than 24 hours to go.
Tomorrow, the ATF's new tyrannical rule is set to go into effect, requiring background checks on the private sales of firearms.
As taken from the Department of Justice's website:

The new rule would force you to choose between complying with an unconstitutional background check or face criminal prosecution.
GOA is suing the ATF to rip this rule to shreds. Our legal team appeared in court this past Thursday to urge a judge to BLOCK this rule from going into effect at the final hour.
As of right now, the judge is weighing a temporary restraining order on this new rule.
No matter what, GOA will NEVER SURRENDER the fight against the ATF.
That's why we're asking for your last-minute support before the rule may take effect on Monday, May 20, to ensure we have every resource we need to keep up the fight to stop the ATF.
Please make a contribution before Monday, May 20, to ensure we have every dollar we need to keep fighting back against the ATF in court until this tyrannical rule has been ripped to shreds.

While the ATF's lawyers use taxpayer funds to wage war on your rights, GOA's legal team relies on your generosity. That's why we ensure 100% of your donations goes to fighting the ATF.
The ATF rule achieves the long-held anti-gun dream of imposing so-called "universal background checks" to private gun transfers – which is essentially a backdoor mass gun registration because the federal government has been CAUGHT keeping the records of the sale.
In fact, just the other day, an anti-gun member of Congress publicly let it slip that the ATF has a massive registry of guns.
But, of course, he went on to reassure the public that your private and personal data would never be abused by the honest and peaceful bureaucrats running the ATF!
Give me a break!
This is why Gun Owners of America will never, ever abandon the fight to protect your God-given rights without compromise.
No matter what happens between now and May 20, GOA will keep charging ahead with our lawsuit against the ATF until the rule has been ripped to shreds and the ATF bureaucrats keep their paws off your private data.
But our ability to stay in this legal battle – and go toe-to-toe with the taxpayer-funded lawyers at the ATF – depends entirely on YOUR support.
So please, if you can, make a contribution before May 20 to ensure we have every dollar we need to keep fighting back against the ATF in court until this tyrannical rule has been ripped to shreds.
In liberty,

Erich Pratt
Senior Vice President
Gun Owners of America
P.S. Please distribute this alert to every pro-gun person you know. And don't forget that you can join GOA or renew your membership here.

I got this email from GOA today. I couldn't copy it well as some of the graphics and such messed up the letter. Possibly some of you may have received it as well. Just putting it out there.

I apologize for reaching out to you on a Sunday, but we've got an emergency on our hands – with less than 24 hours to go.
Tomorrow, the ATF's new tyrannical rule is set to go into effect, requiring background checks on the private sales of firearms.
As taken from the Department of Justice's website:

The new rule would force you to choose between complying with an unconstitutional background check or face criminal prosecution.
GOA is suing the ATF to rip this rule to shreds. Our legal team appeared in court this past Thursday to urge a judge to BLOCK this rule from going into effect at the final hour.
As of right now, the judge is weighing a temporary restraining order on this new rule.
No matter what, GOA will NEVER SURRENDER the fight against the ATF.
That's why we're asking for your last-minute support before the rule may take effect on Monday, May 20, to ensure we have every resource we need to keep up the fight to stop the ATF.
Please make a contribution before Monday, May 20, to ensure we have every dollar we need to keep fighting back against the ATF in court until this tyrannical rule has been ripped to shreds.

While the ATF's lawyers use taxpayer funds to wage war on your rights, GOA's legal team relies on your generosity. That's why we ensure 100% of your donations goes to fighting the ATF.
The ATF rule achieves the long-held anti-gun dream of imposing so-called "universal background checks" to private gun transfers – which is essentially a backdoor mass gun registration because the federal government has been CAUGHT keeping the records of the sale.
In fact, just the other day, an anti-gun member of Congress publicly let it slip that the ATF has a massive registry of guns.
But, of course, he went on to reassure the public that your private and personal data would never be abused by the honest and peaceful bureaucrats running the ATF!
Give me a break!
This is why Gun Owners of America will never, ever abandon the fight to protect your God-given rights without compromise.
No matter what happens between now and May 20, GOA will keep charging ahead with our lawsuit against the ATF until the rule has been ripped to shreds and the ATF bureaucrats keep their paws off your private data.
But our ability to stay in this legal battle – and go toe-to-toe with the taxpayer-funded lawyers at the ATF – depends entirely on YOUR support.
So please, if you can, make a contribution before May 20 to ensure we have every dollar we need to keep fighting back against the ATF in court until this tyrannical rule has been ripped to shreds.
In liberty,

Erich Pratt
Senior Vice President
Gun Owners of America
P.S. Please distribute this alert to every pro-gun person you know. And don't forget that you can join GOA or renew your membership here.
What do you mean by last chance? We already have to get a background check if buying a gun.

Funny that the GOA is just stating it's a background check law and don't even touch upon the fact it opens everyone up to potentially being declared a firearms dealer just by selling a gun.

So it's the last chance to give them money? Is that how I should interpret this? Getting real tired of chicken little "last minute" beggar mail.

So it's the last chance to give them money? Is that how I should interpret this? Getting real tired of chicken little "last minute" beggar mail.
FPC and GOA send it constantly. I just ignore it all and continue to donate because these guys are making a huge difference in protecting our rights. SAF almost never sends emails FWIW.

FPC and GOA send it constantly. I just ignore it all and continue to donate because these guys are making a huge difference in protecting our rights. SAF almost never sends emails FWIW.
SAF sends my endless physical mail. I'm very tempted to call them and tell em where they can shove their next letter and give what I would have given them to another group. It's terrible opsec to have my mail carrier deliver, weekly, mail with second amendment this and that blasted all over the front.

That's the issue with the rule. Sell just one gun and you could potentially be target of ATF for selling without an FFL. Doesn't matter if you follow current law and use a FFL for a BGC.
The bigger issue is that, but much like other things people don't focus on the real issue of a law trying to be passed.

I wish that the charity's and advocate organizations that I regularly give to would establish a program that essentially says: if you give them about $500.- per year,.....They would quit bombarding you with more come-ons for more money for the rest of the year.

I know it sounds like a cop out but I'll admit that they wear me down. It seems as though no matter how much I regularly give, it's never enough.

GOA is definitely one that comes to mind. Every month they get a bank transfer from me, it amounts to a few hundred dollars a year, every year. Wounded warrior is the same. I feel that they are worthy causes or I would not regularly contribute,.....But it also feels like no good deed goes unpunished .

My two centavos.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads