JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I typically wear my Walker's electronic ear muffs. Occasionally, I'll bust out the orange foam plugs.

I really like my Walker's and I know they make an electronic plug as well. As do many other companies.

So... what electronic plug style ear protection are you or have you used that really checked all the boxes? Comfortable fit, good sound deadening, good sound clarity when not shooting, etc...

Discuss.

I keep trying new electro ear pro. I have found some that are pretty decent, like the 3M Peltor or those lanyard earbud types, and while they all work well enough, I have not found any that check all the boxes I want. Most of them have difficulty staying in or they start to hurt after a while. I am starting to wonder if there is actually a sweet spot in the middle where they stay solidly in but don't hurt after more than 30 minutes of use. I will keep looking, but I am not sure if I will ever find exactly what I want.

One of the biggest problems I find is getting the plug lined up with the ear canal. If the geometry does not match your ear it can be a real pain getting them in, and then they don't want to stay there reliably. Foam is worse than silicone, but most electros seem to be built around foam, and the ones that aren't have a rather large plastic tube that kinda defeats the point of having a conforming silicon plug.

Discuss.

I typically wear my Walker's electronic ear muffs. Occasionally, I'll bust out the orange foam plugs.

I really like my Walker's and I know they make an electronic plug as well. As do many other companies.

So... what electronic plug style ear protection are you or have you used that really checked all the boxes? Comfortable fit, good sound deadening, good sound clarity when not shooting, etc...

Discuss.
For low profile electronic muffs, Walkers makes the Razor. I have a set and they're very nice. I also have a set of Peltors low profile electronic muffs with the wire around the back instead of over the head, which allows me to wear them comfortably with a hat. The electronics went out on them and I should see if they'll send me a replacement circuit board.

For low profile electronic muffs, Walkers makes the Razor. I have a set and they're very nice. I also have a set of Peltors low profile electronic muffs with the wire around the back instead of over the head, which allows me to wear them comfortably with a hat. The electronics went out on them and I should see if they'll send me a circuit board.
Appreciate the feedback on the Walkers. I'm leaning towards those simply because of my liking of my other Walkers products.

Still curious if there are other quality options around that same price point.

I keep trying new electro ear pro. I have found some that are pretty decent, like the 3M Peltor or those lanyard earbud types, and while they all work well enough, I have not found any that check all the boxes I want. Most of them have difficulty staying in or they start to hurt after a while. I am starting to wonder if there is actually a sweet spot in the middle where they stay solidly in but don't hurt after more than 30 minutes of use. I will keep looking, but I am not sure if I will ever find exactly what I want.

One of the biggest problems I find is getting the plug lined up with the ear canal. If the geometry does not match your ear it can be a real pain getting them in, and then they don't want to stay there reliably. Foam is worse than silicone, but most electros seem to be built around foam, and the ones that aren't have a rather large plastic tube that kinda defeats the point of having a conforming silicon plug.

Discuss.
The discomfort with "bud" style plugs has been an issue for me before. I've had a couple different sets of non-electronic earplugs and thats why I didn't pursue it further.

I'm ready to try again and hoping to find something nice.

Appreciate the feedback on the Walkers. I'm leaning towards those simply because of my liking of my other Walkers products.

Still curious if there are other quality options around that same price point.
Holy crap those Peltors have gone up in price!

They're good but I don't know if they're that good.

Holy crap those Peltors have gone up in price!

They're good but I don't know if they're that good.
I've actually been reading a bunch of bad reviews that have kept me from buying them.

Discuss.
We really like the Soddin Supreme Pro-X. Tried some others first and then saw some information on these and bought them from SRS Tactical.

I like the Walkers Razor Passive muffs. I've also used the Walkers Razor Electronic muffs, but the wind noise was terrible and I pretty quickly had to send them back because the electronic suppression quit working.

I like the Walkers Razor Passive muffs. I've also used the Walkers Razor Electronic muffs, but the wind noise was terrible and I pretty quickly had to send them back because the electronic suppression quit working.
I've got electronic and non muffs from walkers. Slims and standards. Really happy with them. Looking for an in ear style though that are electronic.

Leaning towards the walkers at this point.

The game changes if you start wearing hearing aids. So earbud types are out for me.

I've got several pair of non-electronic muffs which can be worn over my hearing aids. I've also got an electronic pair, they say Zohan on them, from Amazon. But I've seen others like them with different brand names, apparently all made in same factory. They work well enough. I can wear them with or without hearing aids.

I like the newer Zohans over a previous pair I had that got ruined in the rain. I don't remember the brand of those but they might've been Peltor. That older pair didn't seem to give me the same hearing protection as what I have now.

Oddly enough, even without hearing aids, there is some enhancement to my hearing while wearing electronic muffs Which I've noticed with the previous brand of electronic muffs that I had. And now I'm wondering if this same effect is gotten with hearing protection buds..

Some years ago, I had a non-electric pair with the crossover wire behind the head for wearing with hats. It was a good concept, but I found that with certain head or neck movement, the wire would bang into my collar or hat brim, which set off a corresponding noise that was telegraphed to the head pieces. There's always a downside to everything.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top