JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SilencerCo Omega 300 comes to mind. Good size & weight & price and dB reduction make it hard to beat.

I have a reasonably decent stamp collection. Rifle cans to take the thunder out of muzzle blast, and rimfire cans for pleasant, quiet shooting are the most practical. Pistol cans are less practical or useful, unless you can shoot off your deck on your land.
I have an Omega 300 and like it. The plus side is I can run it on everything from 5.56 to 300WM. The ASR mounts are trash though. I swap those out immediately.

^ This. I have purchased gun-related items online, been on this forum, had multiple 4473's, etc. I believe that there are very few gun owners who the government does not already have on a list.
Yea but some people think there is a "special" list for NFA items…..

GTFOH.

^ This. I have purchased gun-related items online, been on this forum, had multiple 4473's, etc. I believe that there are very few gun owners who the government does not already have on a list.
1695326076281.png

1695326097834.png

IMHO.....still NOT worth the additional $200 tax. Besides.....I doubt that such laws were in force.....back in the era/days of the "Founding Fathers".

".....shall not be infringed."

Aloha, Mark

PS.....

My son on the other hand.....pays for the "privilege" of ownership.

Last Edited:
…The ASR mounts are trash though. I swap those out immediately.
I should probably do that too on my Omega. I've sent that bastard down range twice. Just didn't turn it far enough before I did the lock ring, I guess…Oopsies…That'll learn me to switch cans around…
😂

I should probably do that too on my Omega. I've sent that bastard down range twice. Just didn't turn it far enough before I did the lock ring, I guess…Oopsies…That'll learn me to switch cans around…
😂
I had one blow up on us. It was a nightmare situation. I had to take a pic of a pic off my old cam. I think I still had a flip phone back then Screenshot_20230409_121926_Gallery.jpg

That depends on how much money you want to spend. The more money, the quieter as long as you shooting subsonic. It is said that the snipers use them
because even though you can hear the crack, you can't tell where it's coming from.

Last Edited:
😂
Plan B from Q is what I run.

I have no desire to use subsonic rounds while hunting. There is no avoidance eliminating the sonic crack even with a can. One mentioned the prospect of not scaring game when can in use. Really? Most years where I hunt Deer season is very dry. One misstep on a dry twig the size of a toothpick can send a whitetail deer 100 yards away hopping. (a muley might stop and look, especially if young) You must be deaf to say a can is quieter than tiny dry twig.
I use Electronic ear buds while hunting, they do pretty good at clamping off sharp sounds plus I can adjust the amplification for out side sound and seem to be less directional than the electronic muffs I had before though still not as good detecting sound direction as without them.. The only draw back I found was I use to have a down jacket I liked very much but had to stop wearing because it had a synthetic fabric cover that when I turned my head the hairs on the back of my neck would drive me nuts scratching on the collar. You'd swear someone forty yards away could hear it too, and drive you crazy with it turned on especially when all was windless and quiet.
Referring to waterfowl hunting where this does make a difference

Plan B from Q is what I run.
Is this a more reliable system than ASR or Keymo? I don't like the idea of buying my first suppressor with a problematic mounting system, only to have to replace it for something better (Especially after watching a few ASR and Keymo related baffle strikes videos) But it seems like you end up paying for mounts you aren't going to use, whether you want them or not...

Chances are the suppressor would stay on the rifle full time, but it does seem counterintuitive to have a mount that requires fine motor skills (like index points, visual confirmation and various locking rings with their own secret handshake) in a dark or gross-motor-skill environment, like bump-in-the-night self defense.

Last Edited:
Is this a more reliable system than ASR or Keymo? I don't like the idea of buying my first suppressor with a problematic mounting system, only to have to replace it for something better (Especially after watching a few ASR and Keymo related baffle strikes videos) But it seems like you end up paying for mounts you aren't going to use, whether you want them or not...
Correct. Ideally direct thread is your best option. I just run Q cherry bombs on all my suppressor hosts so I can thread on my suppressors on every platform without messing with mounting systems.

The Surefire mounting system is nice. The ASR not so much. And I haven't done much with keymo so I can't talk to that.

In this day and age in Oregon, is a suppressor worth the effort?
Having gone through the process one time, I think it's worth it. Do plenty of research beforehand to see what would fit you and your application best. There are lots of good options that allow you to run the same suppressor on multiple firearms, giving you a lot more flexibility having even just one.

I have never owned a suppressor but shot a couple guns with them and don't really see the need.

Understand however essentially ALL my shooting is outside, in the woods, and report is not so much an issue but even then the guns I shot with them (ARs) weren't that much quieter.

Personally I see them as sort of a trumped up 'fad' device considering 10 years ago I hardly ever heard about them - and now a days it seems like many cannot live without them.
.223 is a terrible caliber to judge suppression by. .22 subsonic or .32 acp or .45 acp or .300 blackout any other subsonic will be much better.

As far as them being a fad, that young rapscallion Teddy Roosevelt was a big fan.

I use suppression heavily. And it is a hundred plus year "fad."

They are a lot of fun. Expensive, and when suppressed with subsonic ammunition it is an awful lot of fun.
I have no doubt about that. I've shot MGs a few times and it was a lot of fun - Uzis, MAC10, Thompson, FAL (the real one). I always wanted to shoot an M2 Carbine but haven't had that opportunity. All that stuff is way out of my price range, and I came to realize that MGs are a little like boats. They're a lot of fun, but unless you have money coming out your ears, it's better to have friends who own them. They get to buy and maintain them, but you can still play with them once in a while. :)

Suppressors are cool too, and there's no denying their usefulness in many ways, but I've shot them a few times too and while I can appreciate them, they just don't really do anything for me. That may irritate some here who enjoy them, but I really mean no offense. I could shoot them all day long and I'd have fun, but they still wouldn't turn me on and I still wouldn't go out and buy my own, not because I don't like them, but because of the expense they wouldn't be worth it, for me. That's just me.

I also don't like coffee. My whole life I've had people telling me to drink coffee; I'd like it if I tried it with this or with that, enough milk, sugar, chocolate, whatever else they put in it. I've been given coffee flavored candy, coffee flavored ice cream. If it has coffee flavor in it at all, I won't like it. That's just me. I'm weird that way. Sorry.

I am not a hunter. I am not an "operator". Fun aspect aside - I am sure suppressed 300blk would be fun - the primary reasons that got me asking about suppressors was hearing safety for me and for
those around me. If there is a bump in the night, I don't want to be trying to tell the wife, kids, dog, cat, parakeet, and goldfish to put on hearing protection before I am able to respond to said bump.

"I could shoot them all day long and I'd have fun, but they still wouldn't turn me on and I still wouldn't go out and buy my own, not because I don't like them, but because of the expense they wouldn't be worth it, for me. That's just me."

This is so refreshing to see.

Even on 2A forums so many people get angry if anyone likes a product they don't, or uses procedures they find to be a hassle. I have even seen it on bicycling forums. People get incensed if someone else chooses not to use the latest and greatest gadget, and they try to talk people into it as a rite of passage. Or the opposite, insulting people who do choose to buy one.

People need to chill about most topics.

IMG_1232.jpeg

I would like to try a suppressor, but once I go down that road, that money gets spent pretty quick.
All the paperwork expense, the suppressor, new barrels. Special handloads, that's my thing I do.

I would like to try a suppressor, but once I go down that road, that money gets spent pretty quick.
All the paperwork expense, the suppressor, new barrels. Special handloads, that's my thing I do.
Oh. It gets a bit expensive. I had a Ruger MK4 Hunter that didn't have a threaded barrel, so I needed a Volquartsen. Then I didn't have a threaded 22lr rifle, so I got an Anschutz. Then I needed a threaded pistol, so that started the Langdon Tactical pile.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top