JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have owned a couple of guns over the years. Easiest was a Beretta 96 that owned for a while. My Walther P99 is pretty easy although pulling the trigger as part of the process was a little weird at first. Had a S&W Bodyguard .380 briefly and actually had to read the manual to figure that gun out. Hardest by far to take down.

I can field strip any of my Glocks in 5-6 seconds, Tested over and over. No Idea why I would need to do that, none of them have ever jammed and I clean them after every shoot.
The hardest gun to strip was a Sig, I was at there booth at a show and took a gun apart to check it out. LOL it took the Salesman over 5 minutes to get it back together. He told me it was a new product sample and hadn't been released yet.
Other Sigs I've owed where easy.

My Sig P220 Carry is not my favorite gun, but I have to say very easy to field strip and assemble. Unload of course. Lock the slide back, turn down a lever, pull the slide off. Push the barrel forward a bit and lift up and off; slide the spring off the barrel and done. Reverse to reassemble.

I would say the Glock is just behind the M&Ps the XDs and the FN FNP with the little lever
Buckmark ain't so bad if you don't remove the grips
And a 1911 isn't the easiest at all.

Sig P250 can be field stripped in about 10 seconds or less and detail stripped in about another ten seconds...w/ no pins that need to be punched out, or difficulty with springs flying out into the great unknown.

Runner up goes to the Glock, but requires 2 or 3 pins to be removed to detail strip it.

Did a detailed strip of my Sig 238 and thought it would be fairly easy to figure out. Boy was wrong. Took me a good two days to figure it out. I could prob do one now with no issuies though. Very different from a 1911

I always found my Ruger Mark I, II hardest. Never mastered that flip.
+1 on the Ruger. Major pain in the ***, especially if you flip it the wrong way.

You guys got it all wrong, I found this on another forum and laughed my a** off cause it helps me remember!

crypto wrote:
You put the magazine in
You take the magazine out
You turn it upside-down and then you shake it all about.
You do the hokey pokey and the bolt falls on the ground,
Thats what it's all about!

Easiest by far- Glock. Kimber compact CDP 1911's are more difficult in my opinion than the standard 1911, as you have to use a paperclip or similar wire to aid in disassembly

Back from the dead..

Screenshot 2023-12-27 1.21.50 PM.png

Remington New Model Army 1858 cap and ball is very easy to strip down and wash up. A little Dawn dish soap and a tooth brush and plastic bore brush followed by a good hot water rinse. And then once dry some nice gun oil. A decent screw driver and a nipple wrench is all it takes.

Easiest, Stainless Ruger Old Army, drop it in a mud puddle, swish it about for a few seconds, shake it out for a few more seconds to dry it out, and then load that sucker and go, no need to dissemble anything!
Hardest is my 1980's Ruger MK-II, that stupid rat tail NEVER just drops in, Dads MK-I seems to just fall together just fine, go figure!

1911's are a bit of a confungelment, some are stupid simple to strip and reassemble, while others are mindlessly complicated, it really comes down to which series and configuration you have! I prefer Series 70 full length guide rod with bushing guns, not that complicated to field strip once your used to them, nor are they all that hard to re assemble, even my favored 10mm auto double stacks with their duel recoil springs and full length guide rods and duel bushings are not all that hard once you know the tricks, I usually never need to field strip a 1911, so only ever worry about them on the bench after a long period of shooting, and then I have the time and cleaning stuff ready, so it's never a big deal!
Most of the time, I just hose them out with a good couple of squirts of gun solvent spray, put a few drops of dry lube on the bushings and and slide rails and we're good to go!

Another vote for the Ruger standard as the hardest and would have to go with the Ruger Mk IV as the easiest with the one button take down ! The easiest to loose parts would be the Smith 22a-1 one button take down and be ready for parts flying !

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top